Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, purchased my .22 cal PPK/s from a seller on Gun Broker thinking I scored a great deal on (as advertised) a NIB nickle plated German manufactured legend. I am unable to manipulate the double action at all; literally cannot pull the trigger with any one finger! My FFL guy said it is the stiffest trigger he has ever encountered. Well over the 17 lbs Walther claims is within design parameters. S/A pull is a fairly crisp 4.83 lbs. Thought about seeking a specializing gunsmith when I discovered my very flawed but iconic pistol isn't nickle plated fine Deutsche stahl but a Saturday night special pot metal zinc alloy! I was unwise in my purchase would I be throwing good money after bad seeking to have this paper weight rendered serviceable? Seriously seeking wise council. Thank you

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Ah Walther has lifetime service on their weapons.........

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Even on Umarex made ju..., firearms.

·
Registered
422 Posts
First if you're used to DA trigger pulls on the small 380's then you will be a bit put out by the DA pull on just about any Walther 22 (PP, PPK. PPK/s) as the 22 rimfire requires a much stronger firing pin blow to ensure that each cartridge goes bang. Skeeter Skelton had similar issues with the then new PPK/s back in the early 70's. His solution was to clip a coil or two off the main spring the one that provides the power to the hammer.

In his story he clipped off one too many and got misfires and had to stretch the sring to get it to work correctly.

The other thing you may want to do is to strengthen your trigger finger. Get a .22 snap cap load it in the chamber and exercise your trigger finger by firing DA for say 50 or so trigger pulls each day for about a month or so. By the end your finger should be strong enough to work the trigger with little issue.

For those of us that grew up shooting DA revolvers the trigger pull on the walther is not all that bad

Good luck and welcome aboard

·
Registered
639 Posts
I agree the DA on the PPK/S .22 is a bit hard. Buy If I go to the range to shoot, at most I use the DA mode once for the very first round. After that it’s all SA. But in reality, on the first round, I simply pull the hammer back.

I have sent mine back to Walther on two occasions as a result of bad ammo and they fixed it free inclusive of shipping both ways. Same story, different reasons, for my PPK in .380. They do good work and do it quite quickly. Give them a call.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
paper weight

thank you for your kind attention and especially your time. I have several J-frame, K-frame, L & N-frame S&Ws; .38 Special to .45 Colt. Also a 92 Beretta, Sig P 226 and two CZ 75s all 9mm DAs. They function very well. I cannot over state the trigger pull weight (DA) on this particular PPK/s and it may well be an ,. As I said my FFL dealer stated he had never encountered a stiffer trigger on any firearm. I've ordered a Wolff spring kit with fingers crossed but I'm not confident it will be sufficient remedy. Though new it has little intrinsic value as it's not a true Walther (zinc?) and I am reticent to make any serious investment to rectify a condition that the factory should not have passed on. And so I ask the experts of this forum: in my size 9Ws what would you do?
Again, thanks

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
11B, consider this a lesson learned on firearm collecting. ALWAYS do research before bidding as Gunbroker is a minefield even if you know your stuff. Please don't let this experience keep you from the world of Walther. A real Ulm Walther PPK/S .22 is one of the best made best shooting pistols you can own. Whatever you do don't waste another cent on the Umarex.

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
The Umarex PPK/S knockoff is no where near the quality of the original in 22 and the DA pull is much harder than the original.

I bought one for my wife as a trainer (she carries a Manurhin PPK/S 9mmk) neither of us can shot it in DA without two fingers on the trigger.

I let her use my PP L66A1 (22LR) when she wants to train...DA is smooth as silk.

Many folks were excited about this weapon and were very disappointed by the quality and operation of this Colon knockoff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOLFF SPRINGS

I didn’t think that Wolff made a set of springs for the PPK/S from Umarex.
i believe you're correct. When they arrived (from Midway USA), the package referenced 7.65 and .380 for PPk, PPK/s and PPs but no mention of .22. Out of desperation, I'm giving them a try. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New PPK/S .380 2018

Has anyone been able to purchase the NEW Walther PPK/S .380 that has been recently upgraded. It's in the 2018 Walther Catalog. What gives?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Has anyone been able to purchase the NEW Walther PPK/S .380 that has been recently upgraded. It's in the 2018 Walther Catalog. What gives?
Not available. Several threads on this topic. There is a long running issue between Walther and the German government (to state it simply) that has yet to be resolved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts