Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to pistols and I bought a P99 about 4 months ago. I want to know what IWB or OWB holsters you have and how  comfortable they are to you, also during the fall and winter a shoulder holster sounds like a great idea to me because I usually wear a sweater or sweat shirt, what do you think of shoulder holsters please. Also can any of you direct me to information on all of the options on CCW like cant angle and all the other options out there.
Again I am new to pistols and would appreciate anything you have to say.

Thank You and Take Care

Landlover

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome!
I carry my .40 P-99 off-duty in Galco's FLETCH pancake-style belt holster. Personally, I prefer to give up a bit of concealability(sp?) for comfort. But this is purely a personal choice. I reccomend trying both and going for what works for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dgallegos @ Nov. 22 2003,1:46)]Welcome!
 I carry my .40 P-99 off-duty in Galco's FLETCH pancake-style belt holster. Personally, I prefer to give up a bit of concealability(sp?) for comfort. But this is purely a personal choice. I reccomend trying both and going for what works for you.
Man...that's a nice holster. That's the same holster I use off-duty for my P99. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one in black and had to get one in that "havana" brown. It looks pretty nice except that it doesn't match my belt. Oh well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Funny you mention that...
I couldn't find a belt in havanna brown, so I went with the black instead!
(Love Galco's stuff!)

·
Registered
91 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dgallegos @ Nov. 22 2003,1:46)]Personally, I prefer to give up a bit of concealability(sp?) for comfort. But this is purely a personal choice.
That's easy enough for you to say, but you also carry a badge.;) I'd rather not be hassled about my concealed weapon.

I mainly carry with a SideArmor IWB. I would love to find a leather IWB for the P99/SW99, but have yet to come across one with a mounting system and design I really liked. The Sidearmor is 0 or 15 degree cant with the belt hook. I prefer the 0 degree cant.

My second favorite is the Galco Concealable. It's really comfortable, but is not as concealed as the IWB.

I also have the Galco FLETCH in black, but I don't carry with it. I like the fit and feel with the thumb-break, which is what I used as a commissioned security officer, but it's not built to keep the pistol butt pulled in tight. If I go tooling around wearing a light jacket, now that winter is here, I may take it out and about.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you don't mind Kydex --- I use a Comp-tac IWB with J-Hook. Now discontinued in favor of the blet clip model. Easy to slip on/off, and carries comfortable with me. Hide quite well under a loose golf type shirt.

I usually carry a P7 in leather but I just acquired a Comp-Tac gurka. We'll see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts