Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious how many of you carry the PPK with the safety/decocker in the "on" or "off" position. I am thinking of carrying my PPK .380 as a second gun and don't like the idea of fumbling with that little lever in the heat of the moment.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I believe the best way to carry the PPK is with the safety off, Red Dot showing, That way I'm ready with my First round being DA & consequint rounds being SA of course..
I don't think you could accidently pull the trigger DA on a PPK..
I would recomend Applying the safety first before stripping the first round from the magazine, This will safely charge the barrel & decock as well, Then either refill the magazine or just switch the safety off & your ready to go..
I also find that the safety is in the way of racking the slide a bit, But with it applied there's more of the cocking serations exposed in front of the lever..
I don't think you'll find many people carryin that leave the safety on with a round in the chamber.. I could be Wrong?
Others will chime in that have more time under thier belts, as I've only had a PPK/S for four weeks as of yesterday..
Hopefully I'll make it to the range today, It's supposed to warm up to 55 degrees today. & a Buddy of mine bought a Bulgarian SLR-101S last week for $225 cash at the GunShow & we haven't tested it yet.. He has four AK-47s.. An Addict For Sure!!
Enjoy the PPK & Stay Safe!!
B92

·
Registered
529 Posts
Safety off and chambered round.
I'll worry about the prosecutor and the 100,000K I will owe the defense counsel after I defend myself against an attack.

I never eject a chambered round or load the chamber without applying the safety, though. I have seen a PPK dural 22 LR discharge in that manner while ejecting a round. There was a mechanical problem but having the weapon pointing in a safe direction avoided injury or property damage.

Mike

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I carry with safety on, but I am anal about AD's. The safety is the only device that locks the firing pin. A drop on the muzzle is very unlikely to happen, but still possible. I practice flipping the safety off until my thumb is sore. I don't dissagree with those that carry with safety off based on the odds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.