Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious how many of you carry the PPK with the safety/decocker in the "on" or "off" position. I am thinking of carrying my PPK .380 as a second gun and don't like the idea of fumbling with that little lever in the heat of the moment.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I believe the best way to carry the PPK is with the safety off, Red Dot showing, That way I'm ready with my First round being DA & consequint rounds being SA of course..
I don't think you could accidently pull the trigger DA on a PPK..
I would recomend Applying the safety first before stripping the first round from the magazine, This will safely charge the barrel & decock as well, Then either refill the magazine or just switch the safety off & your ready to go..
I also find that the safety is in the way of racking the slide a bit, But with it applied there's more of the cocking serations exposed in front of the lever..
I don't think you'll find many people carryin that leave the safety on with a round in the chamber.. I could be Wrong?
Others will chime in that have more time under thier belts, as I've only had a PPK/S for four weeks as of yesterday..
Hopefully I'll make it to the range today, It's supposed to warm up to 55 degrees today. & a Buddy of mine bought a Bulgarian SLR-101S last week for $225 cash at the GunShow & we haven't tested it yet.. He has four AK-47s.. An Addict For Sure!!
Enjoy the PPK & Stay Safe!!
B92

·
Registered
24 Posts
I carry it with the safety off. The double action pull is heavy enough to avoid an accident and if I need it (heaven forbid) it is ready to go.

·
Registered
821 Posts
+1 safety off!

I also apply the safety before charging the weapon, then after the first round is chambered, all you have to do is disengage the safety. Beats flipping it down and then back up after loading.

-stunks

·
Registered
529 Posts
Safety off and chambered round.
I'll worry about the prosecutor and the 100,000K I will owe the defense counsel after I defend myself against an attack.

I never eject a chambered round or load the chamber without applying the safety, though. I have seen a PPK dural 22 LR discharge in that manner while ejecting a round. There was a mechanical problem but having the weapon pointing in a safe direction avoided injury or property damage.

Mike

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I carry with safety on, but I am anal about AD's. The safety is the only device that locks the firing pin. A drop on the muzzle is very unlikely to happen, but still possible. I practice flipping the safety off until my thumb is sore. I don't dissagree with those that carry with safety off based on the odds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts