Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im frustrated with looking for a holster to carry with. im pretty shure i want to carry on the small of my back,but i think it would also be nice wearing it horizontaly on my back with a belt.let me know what works best for you guys i need help,and model numbers and names of the holsters.thanx alot guys your always a help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you want a quality holster to carry the gun in the small of your back, check this one out. I really trust Blackhawk gear, and for them to carry this, I would say it must be a fairly good holster. I've been using an Omega VI Asslt Hlstr for my 92FS and I think it's great! The product number for the 6 holster is 420709BK-R.

6 Holster

·
Registered
310 Posts
Does anybody know if the Ted Blocker DA3 comes in a model for the P99? It's gotten really good reviews from people who use it -- but the web site is a little vague about what models they are available for.

Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
38 Posts
i just got my sidearmor IWB holster for my P99 AS in the mail friday. all i can say is , it's the best holster i have. the quality is unmatched with other kydex holsters. with a tee shirt on, you can't see it at all. it seems to be smaller and thinner than my blade-tech holsters. i have a milt sparks summer special II IWB for my G30 but i never use it. the holster i mean. i have a blade-tech for the G30 also and it conceals much better than leather when wearing tee shirts and shorts. I hardly ever wear jackets in Florida, thats why i don't  carry bulky leather holsters with my bulky G30. you need something thin when you carry a brick. Kydex doesn't scratch anymore than leather, and it holds it's shape longer, lasts longer, and costs less. don't get me wrong, i like leather, it smells good. but for IWB carry, Kydex is the way to go IMO.
sidearmor
blade-tech

·
Registered
471 Posts
For IWB holster, I still prefer the "string holster". About 18" of string, ends tied together, looped around the belt with the barrel stuck through the two loops...

Holster fits in any pocket, or pistol case for convenient carry when not in use...
Can be made of any semi strong string (shoe string) material...
Fits any pistol (just adjust the length of the string)...
Not readily recognizable as a holster...
Cost effective...

The only drawback with the P99 with this method of carry, is the string tends to hang up on the mag release and slows down your draw... I still use it (with that in mind), and have used it with virtually every hand gun I own...

·
Registered
471 Posts
It’s as safe as thunderwear…IMHO

Your right though, some guns, some clothing, and some situations, are right for the string holster, some are not. But that's true of every holster.
I carry my P220, P226, and my P99 (AS) in a string holster without giving it a thought. My G26 on the other hand, I would not...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Exactly! Most definitely heavier! Longer too... The striker spring in the P99 (AS) HAS to be cocked for the first shot and in the G26 it IS cocked for the first shot... I feel very comfortable with the DA/SA's... I actually prefer them for that reason... That hard pull on the first shot doesn't bother me at all...

Thanks for having me clarify that point...It IS important...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts