Walther Forums banner

Carry Ammo

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Numerous threads about what your self defense carry ammo is. Decided a poll would show better than counting each post to see a consensus.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use Federal HST 124gr and 147gr standard pressure rounds as my carry ammo. Powerful, reliable, and accurate without the extra muzzle blast, recoil, and wear and tear of +P.

·
Registered
11 Posts
winchester ranger 147 grain bonded (RA9B) or the non-bonded ranger talon 147 gr (RA9T)-most accurate carry ammo i've shot and recommended by winchester for short barrel pistols

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
there are at least 4 perfectly cromulent choices on that poll, but 124grain +P Gold Dots are the one I stock the most of, for whatever that's worth.
Of course, that's because I've had good luck finding them in 50x boxes at $0.50/round, sometimes less ... the differences between high-end defensive ammo are negligible because they're all formulated to pass the same FBI test.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
I must admit I missed it, but I used the top 9 by popularity on two ammo suppliers and it wasn't in the top 10.
Probably has a lot to do with availability... If they stock it at all.

It's very popular among "insiders" (for lack of a better word)... Or... People who care enough to look beyond the claims on the box and/or the clerk behind the counter's (or a buddy's) recommendation.

... And who are willing to look and wait around for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are asking what I carry for 9 mm it is Gold Dot 124 +P for short barrel for carry.

For range practice. Blazer Brass 115 or 124 grain or Wally World's Federal 115 grain.

For 40 S&W, got nothing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I carry a wide variety. Anything by a quality manufactuer is good stuff. Most recently I've been using Hornady as carry ammo. Speer Gold Dot, Winchester PDX, even the Federal Hydr-Shock is ALL good stuff. You can't go wrong with any of those. Hell, even the Remington green/yellow box HP brick from Wally world is good stuff to be honest.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts