Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who carry a 9mm P99c, what ammo are you carrying?

I'm trying to figure out whether to carry +P, but will probably stick with standard pressure 9mm as I like to practice with my carry ammo as much as possible.

I worry that prolonged use of +P in a the P99c may stress the pistol, not to mention muzzle flip will increase and shootability will suffer.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP Short Barrel as my carry ammo. It is +P but I do not use it for practice. I will only shoot 3 or 4 rounds of this during a practice session.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I do not know any police organization or private military contractor that uses a 9mm that doesn't carry a +P round. If you look at numbers the +P always has more ftlbs of force, which potentially will cause more damage. Also in ballistics gel there is a notable differnce. I think if you were to not carry +P then you are not evaluating the potential benifits of the round.

Also might I point out a 115 grain +P has the very similar ballistics to the 357 SIG in 115 grain. Its like carrying a bigger better bullet without giving up capacity. Although I am biest as I like the 357 SIG in its heavier forms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts