Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least I am not having to find grips for this one as it appears to be complete. 9 x 18, five digit serial 182xx, no import markings.

What's the price range these are falling into these days?

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Prices for most of those in 9x18 Ultra vary from $500 to $1,000, depending on police surplus versus commercial, full package including test target and two magazines to a bare pistol, and obviously the condition. No import stamps are not common, but surprisingly not rare, especially on the .380 iteration (US military rod & gun club purchases). Based on those two photos, and assuming a single magazine and nothing else, it is roughly worth $650. Not sure why you mentioned the grips, but the OEM plastic are available on occasion for around $75-100, and Marschal Grips in Hungary makes wood grips that are well worth owning. OEM wood grips are relatively uncommon, and I have not seen them for sale separately, only as part of a gun for sale. The Supers are robust and reliable pistols, and make a worthy addition to an classic Walther collection, plus they are fun to shoot. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
They are indeed Super. I shot a fellow forum member's Super (he got it from Geo IIRC) and I had one of my own a few days later.

I paid less than $500 for my RP surplus gun on GB but I got lucky and haven't seen one that low since. Geo has had more Supers than most of us here combined so I would always defer to his valuation. Don't pass on it if you get a decent price. Was a time when they didn't sell because ammo was VERY scarce. While there were not a lot of Supers made they weren't too hard to find. Ammo is no longer an issue so prices are going up and availability is going down..

·
Registered
496 Posts
Given that gun's condition, I'd think it likely to be surplus; few people besides police actually carried these to the point where one would look like that.

It's not Bavarian, but your photo doesn't show the spot on the right where the R-P or B-W mark would be. There were small numbers of unmarked police issued pistols supposedly used elsewhere.

I'd agree with the 600-700 max for a reasonable value at this time.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I agree with Absalom, it is probably a surplussed police pistol. IMO, it is more likely to fetch $600 than $700 based on current sales. Here is a link to a nice commercial pistol wearing OEM wood grips that will probably sell for north of $850, and $1,000 would not shock me. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/862191653

Reactions: ronin11

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses, the specifics regarding these pistols are new to me and I really appreciate the help sorting out questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts