Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a nice used P22Q. I've owned an older model, liked it, but traded it off. I look forward to getting reacquainted with these nice pistols.
I got on YouTube to look at comparison videos of old vs. new and all showed new P22Q's with a captured recoil spring assembly. Mine does not have one. It has the old style spring and guide rod that drives everyone nuts when reassembling the gun.
When did they start putting them in the new P22's? The YouTube videos made it sound like it was part of the upgrade. If I have to buy my own, where is the best place to get one? I saw Tandemcross and Galloway Precision both have them.
Thanks for any and all advice.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
My 2017 QD came with one. Someone said their 2016 model had one. Same spring, but a very nice captive set up. I did a thread on installing one in an older, long recoil spring pistol. All you need to do is drill the guide rod hole out slightly to 1/4" and install the new one. I believe the Walther version is superior to the other models. Give em a call, tell em you don't like the old style, hard to get the slide on and ask if they'd send you a captive model. Just be aware that once you enlarge the hole you can't use the old system again. 1917

The guide rod is a one piece part with a substantial and solid head on the muzzle end. On mine the rear assembly is nicely screwed on with the body of the rod being crimped to keep the screw from turning. It appears to be the exact same spring that comes with the old P22's.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
I got mine from Galloway Precision. It seems that both products just work fine. There, I also ordered the captured recoil spring for my PK380.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts