Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Football Season is almost upon us! Funny how we always Play Miami in Preseason but never in the Regular Season. The only reason they won is because it was Pre-Season and no one want's to get Hurt Early. They had to get rid of Tannerhill because he could not win a Super bowl. Perhaps someday! But hell after 46 Years! Yes before someone post it here! I will say Atlanta has not won a Super bowl yet neither! but! I can predict that the Falcons will Win one in my Lifetime! I Can't say the same about Miami. Go Falcons, at 53 Years! You will know the Day we win! I will be wound up for Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paul :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
September 8?

Real football starts August 24. It really kicks into high gear on August 29 when Georgia Tech travels to Death Valley for their first defeat of the season against the defending National Champion Clemson Tigers.

What I'm looking forward to is the fifth annual Clemson/Alabama National Championship Game.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Make it Sept 7th! That's the date our team kicks off and if all works out our crew will be working Saturdays again from the pressbox of various stadiums.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True! The College Teams all over the Country are where some of the Greatest Players of the NFL have come from every since there was an NFL.
If I did follow a College Football Team. it would be Georgia. the Home of the Bulldogs. Which is also where Stafford came from, who is the Starting Quarterback of Detroit. He is a great Quarterback, hopefully for Michigan, he would be able to build up the Lions. The SEC is one of the best of the College Divisions of College Football. Best of Luck to your Team. I hope and Prey for a better Season for the Falcons. Paul.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Wait, the NFL still exists? Wow, who'da thought.
I dunno, does it? I ask because I quit watching NFL games right about when players began using the NFL's air time as a platform to shed light on their personal concerns/issues/projects/peeves that were political in nature. Frankly, I found it (and all the commentator talk around it) distracting from the game I showed up to watch.

Perhaps more importantly - if I can't go to my job and publicly use it as a platform to shed light on my personal concerns/issues/projects/peeves that are political in nature, I figure NFL players shouldn't be able to, either. It should be ok for all of us or ok for none of us. Fair is fair. :)

So, is the NFL still alive and kicking? :p

·
Registered
9,333 Posts
I must be getting old, I can not imagine playing football in the heat around here. 100f or thereabouts everyday here. Temp, not heat index. 1917

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Football. Yet another reason for America's decline from it's past greatness. Then again the same can be said of all the "professional" sports.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Football. Yet another reason for America's decline from it's past greatness. Then again the same can be said of all the "professional" sports.
America's Decline! :) :) :)

Maybe the problem is too many people have allowed sports to mean too much in their lives. Some people lose their dang minds over teams and players and what they did and didn't do. Burning jerseys, paraphernalia and all types of foolishness. No individual or team has that type of control over me. I enjoy sports and work part time covering some, but they are not very high on my hierarchy of importance. It's not that serious!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts