Walther Forums banner

Can the "SOLD" items in the Trading Post be deleted or moved?

108 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Kar98
Admin,

Is there any possible way to delete (or re-classify) the multitude of "SOLD" items from the Market Place listings and display only the active "For Sale" and/or "Want To Buy" items?

Personally, I have no interest in previously listed items that are no longer available. Nor do I wish to sift through all of the "SOLD" listings just to eventually find an actual current FS or WTB posting.

Anything you could do to make browsing through the Market Place easier and more pleasant would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
Reactions: 1
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Admin,

Is there any possible way to delete (or re-classify) the multitude of "SOLD" items from the Market Place listings and display only the active "For Sale" and/or "Want To Buy" items?

Personally, I have no interest in previously listed items that are no longer available. Nor do I wish to sift through all of the "SOLD" listings just to eventually find an actual current FS or WTB posting.

Anything you could do to make browsing through the Market Place easier and more pleasant would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
Hello Steve. I'll see what can be done.

The argument against deleting the sold items is they serve to help establish value for similar items.

Once again, I'll look into this and see what is possible.
Hello Steve. I'll see what can be done.

The argument against deleting the sold items is they serve to help establish value for similar items.

Once again, I'll look into this and see what is possible.
I was going to say the same thing about having an existing value structure in place which would be extremely helpful, a filter to filter out anything tagged Sold would be awesome but that may be beyond the capabilities of the Xenforo forum software.
This is my view. I wouldn't change anything.
Reactions: 5
I was going to say the same thing about having an existing value structure in place which would be extremely helpful, a filter to filter out anything tagged Sold would be awesome but that may be beyond the capabilities of the Xenforo forum software.
My thought are the same but yeah, I have to look at what the software can do.
And to add to that... Removing the items would mean that feedback could no longer be left from transaction participants.
~pmDune
Reactions: 2
Leave the sold section. That way users can see for long something had to be peddled, and how much it went for.
Reactions: 3
It's empirically proven that using hands and eyes to scroll and view firearms for sale/sold strengthens the trigger finger, improves overall hand/arm control and target acquisition becomes faster.
Plus knowing real gun values has merit.

So says PhD GoldFinger.
  • Haha
If you are the OP on a sale thread, you can at least change the thread title to add "SOLD" to make it obvious once the item has sold. That's just good sales etiquette, imo.
If you are the OP on a sale thread, you can at least change the thread title to add "SOLD" to make it obvious once the item has sold. That's just good sales etiquette, imo.
I agree with this. That would certainly help.
Many forums have a tag for that. OP closes the thread and the WTS tag changes to SOLD. Or maybe it's done manually, I forgot. Haven't actually sold anything gun related in forever.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts