Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine said he saw a .40 S&W in a pawn shop for $399. I have a few 9mm's and may be interested. But before I make the trip I would like some input. Are there any German made 40's or are these the S&W's? I would assume the markings would be the same expect on the slide. What do you think of the gun and the price?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
All the "SWalthers" were .40 and black slides on OD or Black frames. There were no Titanium coated or QPQ "SWalthers" so you should be good to go. $399 is a fair price for sure.

Jams

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saw the gun today. Yes. It is an all German made .40 looks good too. Only thing I ran into a full size P-5 with two mags for $535. It has some were but in pretty good shape. No what is a guy supposed to do?

·
Registered
83 Posts
jake, at shooter's supply off new lagrange road they have a used Ti .40 AS with the old style frame and rail.  i can't remember the exact date code, but i think it was late '90's.  i think it may have had the interarms import mark.  the price was $519, but it looked real close to brand new.  i didn't field-strip it, but the wear on the part of the barrel/chamber exposed in the ejection port showed very, very little wear, so i guess it wasn't fired much. the finish also show no wear, so it wasn't handled/holstered much either.

just a little FYI if you're shopping around.  i saw this about 1 month ago.

frye

·
Registered
189 Posts
Gents,
Just be sure of what you are buying. Is it a Titanium or is it a QPQ?

http://www.gunfaqs.org/P99FAQ/VIII/2.html

The only downside I have heard of with a Titanium is that some people are noticing finish wear more than others. Other than that, .40 and an "original" (now AS) style trigger is a winner.

Either way, $399 is a good price.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope. It was a Titanium 40 all German made...not in bad shape...it had a 10 rd mag with an orange follower if I remeber...are these good shooters? I was thinking of either adding a used Sig 239 for the same price or a P-5 to my collection....I must admit that my type A personality is such that once I find something I like, I stick with it. I have 5 Colt SAA's and 5 Walthers...would one more hurt?

·
Registered
83 Posts
IIRC, the one i was talking about earlier was the titanium-coated model, but i wasn't paying too awfully much attention to the details since it was a .40 and i'm a 9mm kinda guy

if it was a 9mm, it would either be at my house or still on layaway

frye

·
Registered
93 Posts
I love my .40 P99. It's just a standard AS, and it's more accurate than I am.

Which explains why I'm going to the range tomorrow...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Get the P-5 you won't regret it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts