Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,
Can anyone identify this holster? I have been told it is a Walther holster but there seem to be no markings identifying it as such. I can't make out the words stamped on the inside, but the date seems to be 1968? Do you guys think it's a police or military issue? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
If it's for a Walther, the only thing I imagine would fit is a P1/P38. To me , it doesn't look German. Someone should be able to id it from the unusual stampings inside, but I can't glean anything from them - maybe ZACA? Sorry I can't help you further. Length x width measurements might help - It looks huge next to your hand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I know the previous owner stored his 1943 P38 in it. It fit well. He thought it was a P38 holster, but the date is clearly not the 1940's. I do have tiny hands. Hehe.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
If a double-column magazine will fit in the pouch, it's most likely a postwar Browning High Power holster. Just a guess.

I don't think it's German, or an antique.

M

·
Registered
923 Posts
It is a heavily modified post war holster for a FN Browning High Power. A brass plate with a brass loop was originally the closure method. You can see the crease in the closing strap where it want through the brass loop and where the brass plate was riveted on the under flap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys, for the help. I do agree that it looks similar to the Browning holster. But I can't figure out the stamps on the inside, or the strap closure. It is opposite from a Browning. (Top to bottom, instead of visa versa.) I guess it could be a custom holster. That is a thought. Any more input or pictures of similar holsters would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
923 Posts
You may not have seen a lot of holsters. The pull up is common on holsters that a brass plate and loop for the closure strap to pass through. Like I said before this holster originally had that system of closure. The stamps inside the holster are lost to time and are unidentifiable.

I don't have a picture but it resembles a post war Estonian holster for the FN High Power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts