Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new guy here. Just bought the wife a new S&W PPK/s for her Birthday. I have noticed on a couple of sites like Hogue that when they list certain things like the grips, they say it will not fit the S&W models. Does anyone know what S&W did to alter the normal manufacture of the Wlather PPK/s units from all the other past manufacturers? Are there any other issues other than grip styles that I need to be concerned with when looking for accessories and such?

I just bought a few new magazines and hope they work. I haven't even given it to her yet. Her birthday is Thursday.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Take a look at a few of the pictures here in various threads. You'll find that the S&W models (like mine) have a longer grip tang at the rear. I understand that the grip frame is slightly different as well, but I don't know exactly how.

I haven't heard of any issues with holsters.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The tang is longer to decrease the "bite" that alot of people complain about with the older walthers. The trigger is much smoother and lighter, especially in double action. Magazines seem to be interchangeable. The fit and finish is not as good in the s&w -- there are a lot of sharp edges. I have had no failures with my s&w -- i had numerous german, interarms, and french that had very poor reliablity, I think s&w has improved this. However, others have reported problems with theirs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts