Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent money via zelle but still haven’t received a valid tracking number or receipt. I don’t want to jump to any conclusions just haven’t seen any proof the item has been shipped. Hoping someone has purchased from him or communicated enough to know if he’s a legit member/seller.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What did he sell you? Was the item listed on the forum or did he PM you about it?
I replied to another WTB thread looking for a Q5 conversion kit. Then he sent me a pm saying I saw you were looking for one I have one I can sell. I sent him money but I think he’s trying to scam people. Not sure what I can do now

·
Registered
50 Posts
I replied to another WTB thread looking for a Q5 conversion kit. Then he sent me a pm saying I saw you were looking for one I have one I can sell. I sent him money but I think he’s trying to scam people. Not sure what I can do now
He responded to my WTB yesterday for an L66A1 with photos of a Umarex air pistol for $950 but I didn't take the bait. I'm sorry.

I had TWO attempted scams yesterday from the Walther forum. VERY disappointing. The reason I come to the forums was the belief that most if us are fans of the item and good people. Sad.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He responded to my WTB yesterday for an L66A1 with photos of a Umarex air pistol for $950 but I didn't take the bait. I'm sorry.

I had TWO attempted scams yesterday from the Walther forum. VERY disappointing. The reason I come to the forums was the belief that most if us are fans of the item and good people. Sad.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
super disappointing! Usually the people here are helpful and honest, but there’s always a few trying to steal from others

·
Super Moderator
14,881 Posts
Angry Hippo has some excellent comments/observations in this post/thread Consider adding a buyer beware or a 'Tips to avoid...

It seems like many of these scam artist are scouring the various gun forums looking at the WTB ads. Then they PM the OP saying they 1) have the exact item, or 2) they have a friend that has the exact item. DON'T FALL FOR IT.

As AH pointed out, if the seller is a 'new' poster with a handful of post, just ignore their PM's. Or, if you feel like having some fun, feed em' some of their own poop. Obtain their name, mailing address, email address, etc. for sending the money. Tell em' you sent it.....then have some fun with the sorry sob....you could also use some of AH's suggestions and request a picture of the item laying on today's paper, showing today's date, etc.

Or, just go back to suggestion 1 and ignore em'.

Be careful out there....ALWAYS look out for number 1, and don't step in number 2.

Now, for the last piece of pumpkin pie.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts