Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know almont company makes them but they’re sold out for months still. Any suggestions?

any grips for the fort smith PPK/s?

wood preferably but I will do other options if they look good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know almont company makes them but they’re sold out for months still. Any suggestions?

Try: http://grips4u.net/category/pistol-grips/

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Curious as to the difference in the grips for the S&Walther and Fort Smith PPKs & changes to the gun as well?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Curious as to the difference in the grips for the S&Walther and Fort Smith PPKs & changes to the gun as well?
From what I researched the S&W version was trash, not much different other than the quality of the manufacture. As the new fort smith half is German slide and half is American frame

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've owned several S&W PPK and PPK/S pistols. They all functioned flawlessly. While the S&W recoil springs all seemed overly stout, the S&W feed ramp really seemed to enhance their reliability over my Rangers. Fort Smith has retained the same feed ramp design that was pioneered by S&W. While my Rangers were "nicer" looking pistols, all ran better with 17 LB recoil springs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just keep trying, I got mine a while back from the folks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just keep trying, I got mine a while back from the folks.
Thank you, I decided to get a set of wood hogue grips..
I’ll let you know if they fit. I’m sure I’ll have to do a little work on it to fit. But I’m just tired of the plastic grips on my beautiful metal gun haha

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
My LGS has told me that the frames are the same on both, S&W & Ft Smith.
Thanks,
Question is: why is Altamont making one for the S&Walthers and one for the Fort Smith?
Just curious as I was going to make some Arkansas flag grips but we only have a couple of S&Ws.

I'll be testing some X Frame grips shortly and hope the shop/range has a Fort Smith to view.

pic circa 1980
Font Wood Metal Fashion accessory Symbol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts