Walther Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gun Mag Warehouse sent out an email saying that the mag ban is over in CA. I didn't read it, but it sounds like they're a possibility. I think they have the old 16-round ones.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Gun Mag Warehouse sent out an email saying that the mag ban is over in CA. I didn't read it, but it sounds like they're a possibility. I think they have the old 16-round ones.
They would be your best bet and the price for the 16 round magazines were reasonably priced.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
cal hicap mags

I wouldn't be jumping on the hicap mag buying line just yet. The state is working on what do do and any legal stay put on the last decision will get you in trouble with your new order!
I got my update msg from gun owners of california yesterday which gave me this info.
Ross

·
Registered
733 Posts
I wouldn't be jumping on the hicap mag buying line just yet. The state is working on what do do and any legal stay put on the last decision will get you in trouble with your new order!

I got my update msg from gun owners of california yesterday which gave me this info.

Ross
It might be prudent to wait but I don't think they will appeal the decision.
They reason I don't think they will is because most likely the 9th circuit would Uphold the lower court ruling, if they overturn it then it would go to SCOTUS which most likely would rule it unconstitutional thus removing all magazine restrictions in all states.

It's a big gamble for the gun control groups to take.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Ross
That is the super-cautious view, and I won't say it's unwise. But unless and until the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals stays the District Court judge's order, there is no prohibition on the purchase, possession, importation, etc. of hi-cap magazines in CA.

However, if a stay is issued, those in possession of hi-cap magazines acquired during the interregnum may immediately find their possession illegal, without the benefit of any grandfather clause or grace period.

So if you take advantage of this "window", you need to stay on your toes.

M

·
Registered
48 Posts
as I was saying, here's the latest bad news from GOC.

Court issues Stay on decision to overturn California magazine laws.
The Stay goes into effect
Friday, April 5, 2019 at 5:00pm.
ANY NEW MAGAZINES MUST BE IN POSSESSION BY 5:00PM.
If they are "in transit for delivery" and they arrive after 5:00pm THEY ARE ILLEGAL.

·
Registered
427 Posts
as I was saying, here's the latest bad news from GOC.

Court issues Stay on decision to overturn California magazine laws.
The Stay goes into effect
Friday, April 5, 2019 at 5:00pm.
ANY NEW MAGAZINES MUST BE IN POSSESSION BY 5:00PM.
If they are "in transit for delivery" and they arrive after 5:00pm THEY ARE ILLEGAL.
That's one interpretation. It doesn't actually say anything about possession. The common interpretation is anyone who manufactured, imported, sold, or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds between March 29, 2019 and 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019 will not be subject to enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b).

THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the Judgment is stayed in part pending final resolution of the appeal from the Judgment. The permanent injunction enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b) is hereby stayed, effective 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019.

IT IS HEREBY FURTHER ORDERED that the preliminary injunction issued on June 29, 2017, enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (c) and (d) shall remain in effect.

IT IS HEREBY FURTHER ORDERED that the permanent injunction
enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b) shall remain in effect for those persons and business entities who have manufactured, imported, sold, or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds between the entry of this Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019 and 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019. Dated: April 4, 2019

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.