Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello there,

I am brand new to the forum, can't wait to get to know y'all. I am also brand new to Walther firearms (and firearms in general).

I was given a P22CA as a gift. Froom my research, it seemed that CCI Mini-Mag HP would be probably the best to use for self-defense situations (but I'm open to any and all feedback). Even though I know many people say 22LR is not ideal for defense situations, I just figured since it's what I've got for now, and if it ever came up.

What I want to know, is what 22LR do y'all take to the range for practice? Best bang for your buck (especially in California) that won't give me any issues?

Sorry if this is a basic question, I am a n00b in the purest sense. Thanks in advance for your help and patience.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure about CA, but in Texas you can buy bricks of it for around $33 (500 rounds) after tax. You just get them from Academy or Walmart here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
My P22 has been flawless with the Golden bullets and Thunderbolts.
I can only recall two malfunctions with golden bullets, over about 2000 rounds or so. It's basically all I shoot out of the P22 because I'm tired of having rounds I can't do anything with

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,333 Posts
I've fired a lot of RGBs. A few months ago I fired about 500 mixed something and then a whole bucket of RGB. Every round fired. In the past I've fired 525 round bulk boxes with 0 to 4 duds. They are really smoky compared to CCI but they are reliable and less expensive.

The P22 with the cast zinc slide is a bit heavier than aluminum slides of similar pistols. It takes a pretty snappy round and a firm grip on most of these short barrel pistols for reliable cycling. A short stroke once in a while is not bad for practicing clearing your pistol but every other shot gets a bit old quickly.

Snappy ammo.....firm grip on the pistol. You should be good to go. Welcome to the forum. 1917

1 - 8 of 8 Posts