Votes: 1 50.0%
  • .40 S&W

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After reading my own poll, I realized that I should have had 'both' as a category.  Since I only own 1 P99, I always forget that there are some lucky souls out there with more than one.

It'd sure be nice if you could modify polls after having launched them.  I guess that'd kinda skew the statistics though, wouldn't it.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
9mm. Original design, higher capacity, lighter recoil, outstanding accuracy, less expensive to practice with.

James

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the .40 Smith & walther 99. W/ 5 10 Rnd S&W post-ban mags, really I'm not all that bothered about the two additional rounds that buying $100.00 pre-ban mags would offer, considering when I bought the S&W 99 the other contender was 8 shot .45 S&A Champion LW,

G

·
0 Posts
I have a black 9mm. Less recoil and cheaper to shoot. I do want to buy a Military 9mm soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine is a 9mm OD frame 990. Have 1 pre-ban for it and 3 neutered mags. Kind of thinking about trading my Glock 17 for a 9mm 99, preferably a stainless slide model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is a 9mm as well, I have heard some not so great things about the reliability of the .40 P99's, but that was on some other message boards. Please set me straight. The fella with 6 of them must like them alot.

James

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
jsbowen,

I'm probably the one your refering to with 6 .40's, and yes I do like them a lot. My first P99 that I bought when they were first released had a couple of slide lock's when there was still ammo in the magazine. (This is probably the problem you heard about from others) However this problem went away after 100 to 200 rounds. My only other problem was on my QA model and this happened last year during an IDPA match in which I had a couple of what seemed to be light primer strikes. Not sure what happened there, may have just been the ammo, because my friend had the same problem with his Glock that same day.

Other than that my P99's have worked well and shot excellent.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a P99 .40 with 1500+ rounds through it and I'm still waiting for this gun to hiccup. I have had nothing but rock solid reliability out of this gun.

I have shot cheap ammo, dirty ammo, expensive ammo, 'light' ammo, 'heavy' ammo. I've tried all sorts and haven't seen a malfunction of any kind to date.

--Ben

1 - 20 of 35 Posts