Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just got a new P22q and have a possibly stupid question about using the enclosed cable lock on a double-action weapon. Will it weaken the hammer spring/mechanism to store it secured with a cable lock in the Breach, forcing the hammer to be fully cocked? should I use a trigger lock instead. In If you reply, please assume that a gun safe is not an option right now. Thanks much!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ol' Fart to the rescue again! Thanks so much, I appreciate it. The cable lock is much more convenient and easier to disengage if needed. All adults in the household...

·
Registered
9,934 Posts
You could also probably let the slide forward until the cable stopped it and lower the hammer in the process. But use can weaken springs....I read all the time that keeping the hammer cocked does not. Nor a mag loaded with ammo. 1917

·
Registered
9 Posts
Something to consider?
A cable lock can be easily cut with bolt cutters. A trigger lock is a bit more of a beast to get through.

My personal preferance is trigger locks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good point, Chuck-Steam. We have no children in our home - ever. A stout trigger lock might discourage a thief from taking the gun, but would certainly make it less likely that we might interrupt a robbery and get shot by our own weapons (if they find the mags and ammo).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts