Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a used CA P22 5" for a very reasonable price from the local gun store. I was a little leary after reading all the posts here, but tried it out with three different types of .22s (Remingtons, CCI Stingers, and Federal). The gun digested all 150 rounds without a hickup. I was very satisfied with its reliability and accuracy. However, the gun came without any extra backstraps, no instructions, and without the internal lock key (not that I'd use it).
I hate to admit it, but I'm having trouble disassembling it for cleaning...I'm just not too mechanically inclined. Obviously it's not like my P99. I figure I have to take off the front weight (and screw up the front sight alignment?). Any hints?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Coastey-

Here's how to disassemple the P22:
*Engage the safety, remove the magazine and make sure the chamber is empty.
*Pull the stabilizer (right above the trigger guard and below the slide) down, working it gently side to side, and cock the hammer.
*Fully retract the slide, lift its rear section and slowly push the slide forward off the receiver.  Remove guide rod.

Reassembly is in reverse order.  Instead of the short rod in the accessories, I suggest you use a cleaning rod inserted into the spring in the reassembly process.  It will preserve your sanity.

The P22 is a great pistol.  I've had mine for about a month and have encountered zero problems with about 300 rounds so far.  Very accurate.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks gyrene...OORAH!!!

Since I bought this used...and cheap...it didn't come with its accessories. I'll try the cleaning rod on reassembly.

Coastey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts