Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone so I'm a first time gun owner. I bought a used PPS M2. After I got it I tore it down to look at everything in detail. I noticed some wear on the rails where the slide is attached. Are little nicks and gouges normal? Should I take it back and just spend the money and buy a new one?

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you can take pics of the areas in concern the forum could give you a detailed opinion about how severe the rail wear is

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looks like some finish wear.
Looked at mine and I don't see that wear after 600 to 700 rounds, but I give mine a wipe down and a drop of oil on rails every week or so.
That probably wouldn't scare me away if cheap enough...like $250 or less for base model.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Normal, don't worry it won't effect it in the least. If your worried take a piece of sand paper like 2000 grit and just run it over a little, but I wouldn't worry. Good gun and will last you a long time congratulations.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I’m with everyone here. Looks normal. Read up on proper maintenance and lube and she’ll give you a long life.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much for your help everyone. I have another question that is off subject but hopefully I can get a response. So if the pps m2 is 9mm can I use 9mm luger ammo? Whats the difference?

·
Registered
202 Posts
That appears to be a LOT of wear on the slide rails. I bought mine lightly used and I see zero wear on those same rails.

Depending on the representations of the seller, it would determine what the course of action is. If the claim was "near new" that is a lie. That represents significant wear. Maybe needing replaced guiderod spring IMO.

Same thing.
9mm
9mm Luger
9 x 19
9mm parabellem
Correct. Lots of ways to say the same thing.

DO NOT use 9x18mm, or 9mm Makarov, or 9mm Largo, or 9mm short. These are not correct for the PPS 9mm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts