Votes: 96 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 23.8%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
No issues here. No ammo problems, except when the shooter rides the slide. It's just a nice little compact .22 that does what it's supposed to do.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No issues here. No ammo problems, except when the shooter rides the slide. It's just a nice little compact .22 that does what it's supposed to do.
I agree with everything you said, except this... "except when the shooter rides the slide". I've owned my PPK/s .22 since they first came out and have thousands of rounds through it. I don't ride the slide of any of my automatics and my PPK/s .22 only functions on CCI Mini mags. Trust me, I don't ride the slide...

·
Registered
153 Posts
We were mostly using Cyclones and some Blazer ammunition. I had no issues, but my father experienced a few. He puts a death grip on his pistols and was riding that sucker high. I have not tried CCI, but if it ever starts acting up I'll know where to look.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had some very troubling problems early on, with catastrophic ammunition '..bow outs..'. I've since come to believe that the problem was with certain ammunition (Armscor hollow points). CCI Mini Mags run through it faultlessly and I've good luck (few failures) with Aguilla Super Extra and Remington Golden Bullet solid-pointBut these are problems common to most .22 semi-autos.

The sights on the gun are marginal (at best). Painting the back of the front sight with a contrasting color helps...with such a short sight radius, '..accuracy..' depends largely on the shooter and distance. For what it is, the PPK/S .22 is, it's 'accurate enough'...improving remarkably as distance decreases. I could probably 'blame' the sights...but I suspect that my shooting 'mechanics' have much more to do with it. A bit like a poor craftsman blames his tools...a poor marksman blames his sights.

DA trigger pull is horrible...but I think that this was probably a deliberate 'design' choice and built-in 'safety' provision....and one that doesn't bother me much. Consider a DA 1st round a 'throw-away'. An acquaintance, who's an excellent small arms marksman, can still manage to ding the 1" ring at 50 feet in DA without too much difficulty and fill-up a 2" pattern in rapid fire...so maybe there's more to it than a horrible DA trigger pull and crummy sights ??

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

No .22 is a good trainer unless it is a conversion kit that will sit on the same frame that you are shooting. Other wise the non competition pistol is only good for plunking and assassination.
Awwww geez Jaems, you would say that. Now I am tempted to add it to my "Mafia bag of tricks". :D

However, you are also 100% on with the comment about using a full size pistol with a .22 conversion unit. I was considering this very thing for some of my full size autos. I just need to find one that is reliable and durable.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the new ppk/s .22 this year. I have now put a couple of boxes of Remington Golden ammo through it. It has not had a single misfire or malfunction in any way. It is a great little plinker.

I bought a fake suppressor for it. I could not get the thread cover off the barrel for the life of me. The factory supplied wrench stripped almost immediately. I called the factory and they sent me another wrench and thread cover. The new wrench worked, and the thread cover came off without issue. Walther factory support was great.

I bought this gun as a range plinker to release my inner James Bond. I would buy it again. I do not like the sights. If aftermarket sights become available I will buy them. The d/a trigger pull is a bit hard, but not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love my PPKs 22. The trigger pull and the hand fit are very good. Like most new guns it takes a break-in period to really evaluate it. I haven't shot mine much but I have noticed less ejection problems the more I shoot it. I had a gunsmith paint my front and rear sights bright white which really helped.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have been shooting my 22 PPK/S for over a year now. Found out it loves mini mags and stingers but will not eat Winchesters or federal unless you like to rack every shot.
When the finish wore off, I "re blued it again so it looks presentable. I own an Interarms blued 380 PPK/S which I love, a S& W 32 in stainless which is great fun to shoot. I think if Walther would make a 22lr conversion for its 380 or 32, perhaps
lots would sell and the alloy value/ image problems might go away. I have a friend that has a sig p938 that bought the 22 conversion kit and loves it. I also , own the
P 938 and I am thinking of ordering the 22 conversion kit as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
PPK/S

Walter PPK/S 22LR
Looks: Outstanding, Exciting, Impressive...10

Visual Quality: Outstanding...10

Feel: Fits my hand (Medium) like a glove...9

Trigger: 1/8" take up then Pull is 6lbs, crisp sharp break...10

Magazine Fit & Release: A very little movement when loaded in place...9

Cycling: Flawless, smooth, precise... 10

Safety and Decock: Excellent...9

Single Action: Did not use...

Double Action Semi-Auto:Smooth and flawless...10

Weight: 24oz and good for Target shooting...9

Accuracy: Outstanding in 2 hand standing mode, must be Primo Sandbagged...10

Conclusion: The gun is an excellent piece of German Craftsmanship, I would highly recommend as a Target gun, it ranks up there with my SW M41...

My targets and shooting are casual and rushed...the gun is much more accurate than shown here...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have had one for nearly 2 years now and it works for me; no problems. Couple of 1000 rounds fired through it. If you fear potmetal, then I recommend not purchasing it. :) I have to wonder if they don't buy vehicles too that avoid plastic bumpers and parts or any furniture that has particle board. People are funny sometimes. Of course I'm one of them... We all have our quirks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sold mine too. Got every penny I paid for it including the cost for the extra wood grips, mag and the Sneaky Pete holster I bought for it so not upset in the slightest. Reason. Over time the safety lever got progressively harder to move until one day it just snapped in half. The barrel part inside the slide, not the external lever. Just cheap pot metal. Walther did fix it for free but it just changed my whole outlook on this thing. And since I didn't loose a dime I don't feel I got took. Used the money towards a Bushmaster AR M4 before they decide to put a ban on them again. At least I know it is aluminum and plastic up front. 'Course ammo is a lot more for it....

·
Registered
365 Posts
New to the whole gun thang, but here's my dos centavos. I have a Umarex PPK/S .22 LR and it's great. Over a hundred rounds with CCI Mini Mags and Fiocchi (CCI brand I'm told.), no issues. Sights could be better. I've painted mine. I'd love a mag without the pinky tab, but that's all you get. Haven't hit a consistent bull yet from 20', but everything is within an inch or so. Works for me. Don't know why folks keep dissing these.

·
Registered
65 Posts
New to the whole gun thang, but here's my dos centavos. I have a Umarex PPK/S .22 LR and it's great. Over a hundred rounds with CCI Mini Mags and Fiocchi (CCI brand I'm told.), no issues. Sights could be better. I've painted mine. I'd love a mag without the pinky tab, but that's all you get. Haven't hit a consistent bull yet from 20', but everything is within an inch or so. Works for me. Don't know why folks keep dissing these.
Perhaps if you read my post rather than glancing over it you would see why I'm "dissing" this firearm. I put over 800 rounds through mine and then the safety barrel snaps in half? That's quality? No, that's cheap pot metal to go along with the low cost alloy for the rest of the firearm. I also found that it easily dents thus marring the nice nickle finish. Yes, I was a big supporter of this firearm when it first came out but not any more. For barely $100 more I bought a real steel and wood Uberti full size Peacemaker 12 shot .22 that oozes quality all over the place. Now that's how you build a quality .22.

21 - 40 of 103 Posts