Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need a WALTHER KKM stock.

I'm looking for a stock for my wife's WALTHER KKM---a gun that she shoots in Mini Palma. There are apparently several models of KKM made in the same era and I don't know for sure,but I THINK this one is an OLYMPIC model. I did acquire a stock that I thought was the correct one, but it turned out to be the wrong trigger/trigger/inletting configuration. The serial number on her gun is 0155XX, so maybe one of you WALTHER knowledgeable folks can figure out what production date and/or model it is using that. What we REALLY need is a trigger guard for this thing, as the one we do have has been damaged somewhere along the way. BTW, the stock does NOT have to be perfect or even really decent, as I will likely have to modify it somewhat to fit her (somewhat petite) stature. I will attempt to put a few pics in here that will maybe help with identification of her rifle:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Model KKM?

From the posted photos, I would guess that it is a model KKM. Having no date stamps, and from what I can see of the serial number, I think you can assume a date about 1957. Date indications were not used until 1958.
I have a KKM serial 015xxx which Walther have unofficially dated as 1957.

Bruce

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the posted photos, I would guess that it is a model KKM. Having no date stamps, and from what I can see of the serial number, I think you can assume a date about 1957. Date indications were not used until 1958.
I have a KKM serial 015xxx which Walther have unofficially dated as 1957.

Bruce
Thanks, Bruce. I was told by the previous owner that it was a KKM, so that jives with what he said. OTOH, I have been told that it is a "mid to late late 1960s"....and what I find for date info all appears that after 1958 all Walther had a date code on them, so it is NOT surprising that it could be maybe a 1957. In any case, I thank you for your help!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can you post a full-length picture of both sides? It is sort of hard to identify a rifle based on only bits and pieces. And, hopefully not on Photobucket. I am not sure it is a KKM though it could be. The stock at the wrist appears to be different from most KKMs I have seen. And what is the purpose of the two screws projecting down into the trigger guard? The forward one might be a weight of pull adjustment but can's figure out what the rearmost is for.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
... It seems that Walther made a BUNCH of different models...
I can't remember ever seeing two Walther rifles that were exactly alike.

There is something stamped on the left side of the barrel near the breech, but I can't make it out. If there's a date or date code, that's where you'll find it.

M

1 - 5 of 5 Posts