Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All -
This is my 1st post. Yay! Just bought an '04 .40 AS model on Tuesday, went to the range the next day. I put 40 or so rounds through it, and after loading and racking, dropping the clip and adding another rd (10+1), the next time I loaded that magazine, the butt plate broke during firing, had a misfeed and 1 round dropped out of the busted mag. I don't know if this has any bearing on why the butt plates tend to break, the weapon was used and it was previously the shop owner's. He said he hadn't put more than 200 rounds through it and it showed; it was pristine. The factory mags had the light blue followers in them. Just an FYI. S&W is sending out 2 new mags, both 12 rd. Pretty sweet gun so far...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
There seems to be a run of magazines from late 2003 to 2004 that had a problem with the magazine plates.  It has been well documented on this board and like you S&W has been good about getting replacements out.

Welcome to WaltherForums!

·
Registered
328 Posts
My P99 is an 03
I called S&W and they sent out 2 new 12 round magazines right away and I received them in less than a week.

I then ordered 3 more new ones and it took a bit longer but they arrived yesterday. All have the bright blue followers.

I now have 3 - 12 round magazines and I have yet to fire the gun

·
Registered
9 Posts
I broke one of mine two weeks ago..........

Called S&W and this week received 2 base plates.........but I have no idea what they are for as they are certainly NOT P99 plates..

today I was helping teach an IPSC course along with a friend who was taking the course.

He broke 4 base plates!! one even broke by landing on a shooting mat!

That was not the worst....at the end of the day ( 1 hour to go) his trigger assembly BROKE just like the others listed on this board. Luckinly mine was only 5 minutes away.

I guess we will have to see what their service is like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts