Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well here is a stupid question that i keep on geting mixed responces on. y is it when i use a 180 grain bullet my p99c kickes less than when i use a 155 grain? whick grain of bullet will have the least kick? I get mixed answers from people

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, I'm no expert but it's not just bullet weight. The velocity of the bullet is also important. I have some Ranger 155's that do 1195fps and 491 ft. lbs, and some Ranger 180's that do 1015fps and 411 ft. lbs. These 155's kick harder than these 180's. But that's not always the case.

A hot 180 grain load will kick more than a light 150 grain load. So it depends. All things being equal, a heavier bullet generally has more recoil than a light bullet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
dodgefate:

You might try the Ranger 180's I mentioned above. They're subsonic LE ammo that CDNN http://www.cdnnsports.com/ has on sale. Might be a good choice for manageable recoil in your P99c. The price is great for SD ammo, $12.99/box of 50 delivered, IF you buy 10 boxes. I bought 1000 rounds of each and have been very happy with them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Out of all the ammo I have tried so far, I like Remington UMC 180gr. I have noticed that it has a little more kick than Winchester 165gr FMJ Target/Range ammo and Independence 180gr FMJ. I am not overly concerned with the kick, if I was I probably would have gone with a 9mm instead of the .40 S&W.

Dick's Sporting goods has a deal on Remington UMC ammo for .40, .45, and 9mm (maybe more). It cost me $11.95 for a box of 50 but I had to buy 10 boxes. (It's a case discount, except they do not sell the cases, they haqve to give you individual boxes for some reason.)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not me i think that because the glock 27 kicks harder than the p99c in 40 because the walther is somthing like 3 ounces lighter...... Maby its just a mental thing i don't know but it feels liek it

·
Registered
88 Posts
Basically, the more muzzle energy, the more recoil.

Unfortunately, more muzzle energy does not neccisarily get you better terminal effects.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts