Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if anyone has run this sort of comparison and recorded the results. If someone has please direct me to the said results.

What I am asking is: Has anyone tested several bullet weights at let's say 10 yds,20 yds, 30 yds. with the same hold and recording the results of POA vs POI with each of these bullet weights?

Sorry if this sounds weird. I just feel it would help when practicing with one brand of ammo and weight and switching to another brand and weight as to where to hold when using different ammo for your consistent POI.

I would assume that many different weights would probably impact at the same POA and POI at SOME distances. But that is exactly what I would like to know. That is: where do the changes occur? Before you say anything, I know, then why don't I do it and record the results? Because I am not disciplined enough. That is why. LOL

I realize, as we all do that one should always practice with the ammo they carry. WE all know that.

Sorry for being so long winded and if this sounds foolish to you...don't say anything LOL :giggle: otherwise leave comments.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are plenty of accuracy tests on the web. The problem is there are many more factors than just distance vs. bullet weight. You can also look up the ballistics for the ammo you buy.

The calculator above is a good tool, providing you know the values to input. It will tell you bullet drop vs range so you can approximate holdover.

After you run a few calcs, check a few reports, you'll likely find, that at self defense distances, POI doesn't change all that much.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I should have looked it up on the internet. The answers you guys supplied answers my question. Shame on me. AgainThanks

Thanks guys

I amArmed

·
Registered
72 Posts
No "shame" intended. :) In the case of self-defense ammo, pick one, train with it, be consistent so you know it's characteristics. You'll find that even the same brand, load and bullet type may vary slightly across different batches.

For range ammo, I shoot a broad spectrum of brands but tend to stick with 124g although I have a fair amount of 115g and some 147g. I don't see much difference amongst them. I am the biggest variable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts