Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets pretend you were Chief of Design of Walther, and asked to design the perfect pistol using a combination of current designs.

Personally, I would opt for an aluminum frame P99AS, with old school markings and partial bright blue finish on the slide similar to some of the P5's. Also it would definitely NOT have a Picatinny rail. Yes they are useful sometimes, but lets face it butt-ugly and an annoyance with some soft concealment holsters.

What say you?

·
Registered
997 Posts
^^^ I'd go for a steel frame P99, optics ready, modular paddle release, modular grip panels like an HK P30. I'd also bring back the old school trigger guard and proprietary rail WITH a proprietary light (like an HK UTL), or at least with a low profile 1913 adapter.

I'd also bring back the Walther P5C and P88, with some ability to accept a light. Or at least develop lights for them under the Walther name. The P5C should also have a double stack variant, and the both of the above should use the sights that interchange with the PDP.

And FINALLY, I would paddle release a steel frame Q4/Q5. Or as a compromise, the same ambidextrous magazine buttons of the P88, but also modular (different width of buttons, or omitting one side). Since the Q5 SF would be mostly a competitors gun, would be nice to have a picatinny rail cover or railed compensator to give it some additional weight if the user desired.

I better stop now. I'm getting wild.

·
Premium Member
3,259 Posts
For me the PPQ/PDP are pretty close to perfect already. I only switched from carrying a PPQ to a Glock 19 because I found the Glock slightly easier to conceal.

Since acquiring a PPQ45 my ardor for a PDP45 has cooled.

I'd still be interested in a Ft.Smith PPK or PPK/S in .32 ACP but I don't expect we'll ever see one.

A modernized P88C or P5 would be interesting to me but I don't believe that they would be profitable if made in Germany.

I would like to see the GSP more readily available in the US.

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
A PPQ M1 frame with an early PPQ striker, a P99 slide, a P99 trigger assembly, and a P99 sear housing with the tab on the SA lever milled off.

This would leave you with an AS-mode-only pistol where the decocker button could be used as a "striker block" while holstering, and would leave you with a long trigger pull that could be adjusted for trigger pull weight by replacing trigger return springs, and would leave you with the same short and crisp trigger reset as any other P99 AS, PPQ, or PDP pistols.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Two pistols would suffice for me...

A P99AS with the PDP grip and texture.

A new PPK or PPK/s in .32acp.

Reactions: Redcat94
1 - 7 of 7 Posts