Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have put together two P-38's from parts found on the internet and they shoot great.
It is alot cheaper than buying original pistols as I would rather just shoot them anyway.
I have one that all parts are Nazi marked and have gotten alot of good coments at the range about it.
It's a fun hobby and cheap when compaired to a complete pistol with matching numbers.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
well some shoot them some collect them.....
I today traded in a perfectly fine H&K P7M8 that had a box were the serial # was one number off, just so I could have another P7M8 with a matching serial numbered box.
Though I am planing on shooting this one just as I did the other one.... it was a sore in my eye that the box did not match the gun.......
let alone the #'s not matching on the gun..........

I see your point though.... I do have a PP Super in like new condition (if not unfired but I am not certain) that I might or might not shoot.... would be much easier there if it would be a mismatch or in not such nice condition....but maybe I just get a shooter later on...

It's just like with many other things.... to each his own

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes.
I don't like the idea of shooting a classic with the chance of some damage occuring,I would mutch rather keep it safe and shoot one I put together because they shoot the same and if it breaks I'm only out a couple of dollars instead of hundreds.And even though the numbers dont match the gun still looks sweet at the range.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
well go check the P38 forum..... (postwar P38 section

hehe I just posted a pic of my '66 LNIB P38......matching everything.....

ooops now you need to built me one so I can shoot one too

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I am new to the forum.. I signed up as I am wanting to get started with a P38 or P1. I would very much like to build one. Can you point a guy to the right place to get started? I am wanting one to shoot and carry. Though this is one gun I have never shot. (I own many others) Every time I pick one up it just feels right. So I am wanting to put something together to shoot. (and shoot a bunch) can you help me get started?

Thanks
Earthdog

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi.
except for the Frame I find alot of parts on E-Bay for decent prices.
Numrich Gun Parts is also a good place for Parts and they have Frames also.
You can find a manual on E-Bay also.
This Gun is a piece of cake to put together.
Good Luck and happy shooting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also if you buy a P-1 make sure it has the reinforcement pin installed in the Frame as the alloy Frames are prone to cracking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just picked up another steel P-38 Frame and am now building another shooter.
It gives me something to do on those rainy days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts