Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one out of left field for this forum, anyway: Anyone in here have any experience with a Browning 10/71? Came across a nice example and it's kind of an intriguing pistol but can't find much at all about anyone actually using one.* Just curious. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
That seems to be somebody's ad hoc designation; I doubt if Browning ever formally called it that.

It's nothing but a stretched Model 1910 pocket pistol with enough point-adding junk hung on it to qualify for U.S. importation after 1968. It's a cumbersome vehicle for just a .32 or .380.

The original M1910, on the other hand, is a sleek, compact and high-quality pocket pistol produced by FN in great quantity for half a century and --being a superb Browning design-- much copied.

M

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I never saw much use for it, but if you are a fan of the .32 or .380 for plinking, it might appeal to you. I handload for both, and have occasionally considered the practicality of adjustable sights on a pocket auto. Small game hunting? Something out of the usual? Maybe even someone out there that like the eccentric looks of the gun. Who knows?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts