Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody, i'm new to this forum and i have been looking on the internet over and over again: My Walther P99 pulls the trigger without shooting, it goes like a lever without any resistance. I tried to disassemble it but i even can't get the top strip off of it. It is already loaded, but i can't "deload" it, ( the red thing on the back is good visible, what means it's loaded ).What do i have to do now, can someone please help me out.

Thank you very much !

p.s: Sorry for my poor english, i'm dutch though :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
nassim,

I am trying to figure out what is going on with your P-99 as i sit here working mine. Hmmm........????

First off, can you rack the slide and get the pistol clear of ammo???

Obviously that is the first step.

After that with out depressing the trigger on an empty chamber......... all i can say is get to a Gunsmith. I'd hate to see you break more stuff trying a do it yourself repair. Good luck! C

Dutch now........ but perhaps from Eqypt or lebanon originally?? I worked with Middle eastern people for 6 years in Dubai, Kuwait , lebanon etc.......

·
Super Moderator
9,924 Posts
I think by "loaded" he means that the striker is cocked and remains cocked even after pulling the trigger. I don't believe he means that there's a round chambered. I'm basing that on, ". . . the red thing on the back is good visible, what means it's loaded."

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hopefully you can find some help regardless of your nationality.

It would help us to better understand if you mean "loaded" as in a live round in the chamber or "cocked" meaning the red striker post sticks out of the back of the slide.

Update us on the status of your problem.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I don't know from which area you are (Holland ? Belgium ?) but if convenient for you I can have a look at it at the Reymerswael shooting range at Rilland-Bath (Zeeland). However I strongly suggest that you have the gun checked by a competent gun smith to avoid injury and/or liability issues (gun loaded?).

You can always send me a PM.

Dutch translation:

Ik weet niet van welke streek je bent (Nederland ? België ?) maar als het je past kan ik er wel eens naar kijken in de Reymerswael schietstand te Rilland-Bath (Zeeland). Ik raad je evenwel ten zeerste aan om het wapen door een vakkundige wapenhandelaar te laten nakijken om ongevallen, kwetsuren en/of aansprakelijkheidskwestie's te vermijden.

Stuur anders maar een PM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Again, I am dutch so sorry for the poor english. I mean it's cocked, ( UniversalExports: " I think by "loaded" he means that the striker is cocked and remains cocked even after pulling the trigger. "

The slide does "rack" but I can't get it off, it seems to be stuck or something, but I don't believe that's the reason why the rigger is broken.

·
Super Moderator
9,924 Posts
No need to apologize, Nassim. Your English is far better than my Dutch. Stick with us and I'm sure someone will soon come up with a possible suggestion. Meanwhile, is it possible for you to send it back to Walther for repair without too much trouble?

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Can you lock the slide back with the slide release? With the slide locked to the rear, is the cocked indicator still sticking out through the slide plate?

Try locking the slide to the rear, removing the striker assembly, and seeing if the slide can come loose then.

·
Registered
306 Posts
@ Nassim: what's your location? Is there a Walther dealer around? Where did you buy the P99? Sending the gun to Walther Germany is not an option in Europe as they will revert you to your local (National) distributor.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You have to remove the magazine, then...

decock the striker by using the button on the top of the slide, then after that you can pull down the take down latch and remove the slide.

The slide will not come off if the striker is in the cocked position.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

I think I have the same issue as Nassim. While I was at the range the other day my 9mm P99 just stopped firing when the trigger was pulled. It feels the same as Nassim describes, less resistance and nothing catches. It just travels the full distance and de-cocks when the trigger is released back to forward (double action) position. I was able to unload and remove the slide and found a small broken off plastic piece encasing a rounded metal part which I believe is to push down a lever arm in the trigger mechanism enabling the gun to fire.

I’ve attached pictures of the broken piece where it has broken off.

Can anyone please tell me what piece I need to order or if it’s too complicated to fix on my own, who I can send it to for it to be repaired?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,284 Posts
This is your lucky day. It seems as Walther has recently indicated that all their pistols have a lifetime warranty. So, with that in mind, I'd suggest you call Walther customer support describe the broken piece and see if they offer to fix it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts