Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently the trigger to my friend's p22 will no longer act as a double action trigger pull anymore. I've tried taking it apart and have had no luck in determining what is the matter. All the pieces are there, but it just won't seem to catch the hammer.

I don't know if anyone has opened up and seen the inside of one. Or if any of you are armorers, but can you guys think of anything that would prevent the trigger mechanism inside from catching on the hammer connection inside.

You have to tilt the gun into the ground <point it towards the ground> and then the trigger will catch on the hammer. Other then that, it stays as single action. Any help or direction to where I could figure this problem out would be of great appreciation. Thanks in advance for taking the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem... i bought it used... detail striped it as per the P22 Bible (thank you to 1917-1911M) upon reassembly the pistol will no longer fire in double action... so i tore down and reassembled the pistol again.... same issue.. no DA. I double checked all the spring placement... I suspect the little double spring that is above the trigger... its tough to keep in place when assembling the 2 halves of the pistol frame..... any ideas would be helpful...

Thanks for your time fellas...

cttbax

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah, yes the P22 Bible, helped me a lot more then the stupid manual lol. Actually showed pictures and stuff on how it's supposed to look like.

I don't believe I am missing any springs of any kind, I've looked through and made sure that all the pieces are there and while I have had a few close calls, I am fairly certain that I have all the pieces.

That small spring above the trigger is a pain to keep in and sit in the right position, but even with that in the right area, it's just a pain having to break it all down and put it all back together, just to figure out what the deal is with the trigger assembly.

The main thing that I notice, is that the trigger bar, that connects with the hammer, doesn't always connect. I don't know if it's the hammers fault, but it seems that there should be something keeping the hammer's connecting metal piece down, so that it will always catch on the trigger, and thus why it always works when the gun is pointed down.

I've broken it down and put it back together so many times, I've lost track, and have told myself, why in the world did walther make something with so many pieces lol. I mean, I've got a glock myself, hope this isn't too off topic, but that thing, breaking it down is an ease and there are no itty bitty pieces that can go lost or you have to position them in just the right way or they will fall off and not be in the right place haha.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
If you have accounted for every spring, and none is missing, broken, or obviously lame, then the possibility remains that it is installed backward or (if it's not a simple compression coil spring) one of its legs is not abutted properly. Sometimes, with mousetrap-type springs, installation is difficult if not impossible without using slave pins.

M

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so, something I have noticed, with the gun taken apart, the whole trigger/hammer assembly, I am able to get the DA when I push upwards on the black plastic piece directly above the trigger; the piece that gets pushed up as you load a magazine into it. Now, it only works DA if "I" push up on it, from any sort of position, either pointing down, up, normal horizontal, whatever.

Actually, I just realized its the whole trigger bar that I am pushing on. So basically, if the trigger bar that connects with the hammer is ever so slightly higher, then it would have enough contact with the hammer piece and catch thus giving back the DA. Anyone know what I could have done or how to fix this? Maybe a spring on the trigger itself? I don't see how I could have busted that one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts