Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to replace the polymer base of a magazine? One of the locking tabs broke off on one of my mags - still functional, but just less secure in magazine well.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
give Walther usa a call and ask about that part.
I have not seen an illustrated & numbered parts list for it as yet.
maybe someone here does have the number . . . . you would still have to call to order.

·
Registered
233 Posts
good luck finding a base pad, I have been looking for years with no luck, and calling Walther is like calling a rock, please let us know if you find a source.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good luck finding a base pad, I have been looking for years with no luck, and calling Walther is like calling a rock, please let us know if you find a source.
Sorry for the belated response. I found the schematics at carlwather.de website in pdf. There is a part number for base plates, but you are correct. Trying to find them is a challenge. Yes, CSRs at Walther/Ft Smith are a bunch of rocks. Not sure if I buy another Walther just for that alone. Then again, the whole industry is getting that way.

·
Registered
856 Posts
About 3 yrs ago I asked about pps m1 mag parts.
I was told that if some part broke, send in the mag for their inspection and if covered by warranty they would send a replacement.
At that time the cs rep said they did not sell parts
Also I do not recall the CS rep name.
I would call them not rely on email.

·
Registered
96 Posts
About 3 years ago I converted all my PPS9-M1 magazines from 7 to 8 cartridges. The tube and spring are the same for all, 6, 7, and 8. The floorplate catch and floorplates are all different, S, M, and L for the 6, 7 and 8. This according to the M1 expanded parts list 275 38 80 Rev K. A quick call to Walther CS got the parts in the mail to me. Works great.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Thanks. I thought that another CS rep would have more information. Also I was not ordering so that was why no additional parts ordering was discussed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts