Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Well, on the first trip to the range the left side grip panel on my Interarms PPK cracked in a starburst pattern from around where the screw threads.

It seems that PPK grips are pretty rare, and replacements for Interarms pistols are particularly rare. I've looked a bit on the internet and can't find anything suitable.

How are the grips for the Interarms PPK different from the German models?

Can any of you suggest a source for O.E.M. replacements or good aftermarket grips?

I thank you, in advance, for your help.

·
Registered
336 Posts
There's a set on ebay right now. Here's the link:

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Walther-PPK-Grips-and-Mag-Extentions-BLACK_W0QQitemZ7246323333QQcategoryZ39425QQssPageName
ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">PPK Grips</a>

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have Bufflo horn on mine at present their from Ajax . When I bought mine. Had what appears to be aged ivory grips. Prior owner said they were on when he bought. . The burn test seens to confirm. I use them off and on.
Theirs lots of grips out their wood, plastic, something for every one. My horn were 85 retail if I remember correctly. I pain about 40 at a gun show guy was selling off all his grips. I out fitted a few pistols that day.
Give your baby a little present dress her up some.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It seems that the ppk grips do crack at the point you mention. I know that when I'm through shooting it for the day, I check the grips to see if there is a crack. I am not sure but can S&W send you replacment grips? (as long as they are black)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Both pre 46 and post 46 PPK grips have a tendency to crack, but the pre 46 grips are much more prone to do so.

Is it possible you had the grip screw over tightened on your PPK? This is an often overlooked cause of the cracking around the screw hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts