Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any round count break-in for the PPS M2? Can it run out of the box on weak 115 grain ammo? Or does it need something warmer? I've got some Winchester 124 NATO if needed. If not, I've got plenty of 115 range ammo.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm only 3 or 4 months into my PPS M2, maybe 400 or 500 rounds with no issues. Trigger has smoothed slightly. No evidence of peening and all dots accounted for.
Never heard of a break in period and mine has been fed mostly 115 with some 124 and 147 with no +P.
147 is probably most accurate for me and it's what I carry for now.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Its a short break in so to speak. Its basically to let the parts get to know each other
and RUB ! I'd swap ammo around cause its not just what the pistol will eat.
Its what you and the pistol agree upon to be the most accurate with.
While my M2 does eat anything, WE seem to be a bit better with 147JHP.
Try em all :)

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Any round count break-in for the PPS M2? Can it run out of the box on weak 115 grain ammo? Or does it need something warmer? I've got some Winchester 124 NATO if needed. If not, I've got plenty of 115 range ammo.
Plenty of ammo? That’s like saying I have plenty of money or plenty of beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
Its a short break in so to speak. Its basically to let the parts get to know each other
Mainly this ^

There’s threads here about break in period. Follow them. I thought mine was problematic till I read up on what to expect and my PPS settled right in. Now I’m shooting FMJ or JHP, 115 or 124. Doesn’t seem to matter at all, consistency is great and I love the trigger. Eventually swapped the sites for Mepro and the guide rod for a steel Lakeline. Now she’s as accurate as can be, and the recoil is springy, not at all jarring. Real pleasant shooter and my primary go-to gun for carry or range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts