Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fell in love with the CCP M2 on the sales floor but trying to figure out if she's a keeper.

Having way too frequent FTF/ FTB issues with all kinds of different loads. My other primary EDC is a Canik so I'm used to finicky eaters on break in but haven't seen anything that works consistently.

Gave gun and mags a thorough cleaning when I originally unboxed it. Used primarily Ballistol to clean/ oil slide/ springs and barrel. Didn't touch the gas piston with Ballistol but used a very, very light touch of Tetra (had seen prior warnings).

Went to range, put 82 rounds thru with 8 FTF's. All were 115g Win White box.

Tried 48 124g Freedom (new) with 3 FTFs. Went home cleaned with Ballistol (only brushed gas piston).

Went back to range ran 100 124g Speer Lawman first 6 mags ran like a clock... after that every 3rd or so round FTF... UGH!

Then ran 6 mags with 115g Sig and first four ran great. Next 2 not so much.

Followed up with 50 125 custom Orr rounds and first 3 mags had 6 FTFs after that though she ran perfectly.

Went home cleaned gun but did wipe and Tetra gas piston.

Today started with Blazer 115g and first 4 mags ran great. Then every 6th or so round was an FTF. Swapped back to 125g Orr and first 4 mags ran great... then every other round was FTF.

Talked to range officer who suggested it was over lubricated. Any suggestions on solvent or method to dry it out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll give that a shot. Thx!
Hit the range today after "drying out
i usually follow up CLP or Powder blast with some compressed air on my guns that don't like to run wet.
Thanks for the tip!

Took it to range this evening after drying it out. Put 74 rounds of a mix of 124g Freedom and 115 Blazer and 125 Orr and had zero problems!

Tried to run one mag of Sig V crown HP 115g and had 3 FTF. Tapped the butt and they all fired. Had similar issue with my Canik using rounds from same box afterward so it might just have been the ammo.

Even with those I feel much more confident in this gun now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts