Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tcpalm.com/amp/4466532002

A little robbery at the LGS and range. I was there today. All the show cases were empty. ATF took everything to inventory and check records. The owner said they took all the rifles off the wall. Mostly AR’s and smashed the glass n one show case and took all the Glocks.

On a side note I shot very well tonight. 2-3 inch groups at 25 feet. Sent the target to the end of the range, 75 feet and the groups opened up to 7-8 to inches. I’ll take that from my FNS 9c.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
That is my range. Ed screwed the pooch by cancelling the police response.

My LEO buddies are shaking their heads...

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Often wondered to what degree weapons were secured in shops...it's certain they have security, but physically securing them is another matter.
Sounds like one of those things our political betters would love to write laws about.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
3,888 Posts
Why would he cancel the police response when it's best to be safe and have a sworn officer show up???

That makes no sense to me...

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
The home of the Walther Forum Florida Greet And Shoot. Wonder how long before they get the guys.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I hope these guys get caught.

My friend Dion, her Son (I believe his name was Jacob or Jack) with a group of guys robbed the Euless Guns & Ammo a couple of years back. 5am on a Sunday Morning, pulled up to the doors with a truck and pulled the doors off the hinges. Place is right next door to the Euless Police Station. In and out in 3 minutes. They had tried to rob another Gun Shop in N Richland Hills an hour before.

Dion's Son got caught maybe two weeks later, flipped on his "Friends" to get out. His "Friends" got him to go to some apt in Dallas to "score" some weed, and they killed him. Beat him to death over a period of 12 hours. Slow and brutal. Dion had to have a closed casket funeral. The ATF caught the rest of this group.

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
Why would he cancel the police response when it's best to be safe and have a sworn officer show up???

That makes no sense to me...

I'm going to guess that St. Lucie charges for responses to false alarms, and Mr. Henson was trying to save himself a few bucks by cancelling what he believed, after viewing streamed store video, was a security system glitch.

Bad call, even without 20/20 hindsight. Always err on the side of security, even if it costs you a fine now and then.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Exactly UE. It seemed to Ed that it was an alarm malfunction. With all our rain and electrical storms security systems are known to develop them even right after service.
I forget how many call out a business gets before there is a charge. But Ed is a retired NYC LEO and should know better, always err on caution's side.

BTW we don't call it a fine. It is a "service" charge.

Reactions: UniversalExports

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think businesses get charged for all “false alarms” residential customers get a pass on the first or second, but I don’t believe that to be the case for commercial customers.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Florida man strikes again.

This happened 2 years ago at my LGS. The day I went to pick up my P99 the guys ransacked the store and took all kinds of guns and ammo. Only the guns in the customer safe were fine, and I got to take my P99 home. Some thrives are so brazen they’ll even rip safes out of the floor with a truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts