Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my ppq M1 9mm has been occasionally throwing brass straight back to the face. Anybody else having this problem? Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I would start with giving your PPQ a good clean and lube including cleaning bore and chamber. Check the extractor for need of cleaning especially the backside where you may need to clean out gunk with a pick and it may help to spray CLP in that area while pushing the extractor down from outside the slide at the rear to move it for cleaning and inspection. Lube both sides of the slide rail where it rides on the steel tabs in the frame all the way and the extractor with a bit of oil/CLP on the outside of the slide wiping off excess and working it in by working the extractor a couple times. Also lower powered ammo could be an issue if you have recently switched ammo.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
X2 to what Duke Nukem..errr, grump says above.

Also, step up to the next higher bullet weight. example..if using 115, try some 124, so on, so forth.

I had some ammo that threw brass right back at my ugly mug. I think that's what got me using 124gr. Never looked back. I did go through some 115 awhile back, now that my pistola has upwards of 3500 rounds, it's a non issue. I also run mine clean, but nearly dry. They could all probably stand to have a drop or three of Hoppes...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Check your grip. Make sure you have a firm, consistent, grip on all shots throughout the magazine.

Best regards,
Dave

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Recently my ppq M1 9mm has been occasionally throwing brass straight back to the face.
We need more information.

Did you just buy the pistol?

How long have you owned it?

How many rounds have you put through the pistol?

Is the pistol 100% stock, as it left the factory?

Did you replace the recoil spring or guide rod with an aftermarket unit?

Did you suffer any hand, elbow, arm, or shoulder injuries lately?

If the pistol used to throw brass to the side, was the change in ejection gradual, or was it an immediate change?

What ammunition were you using when the ejection was normal?

What ammunition were you using when the brass was being ejected back to your face?

Have you inspected the extractor?

Have you cleaned the extractor?

Have you inspected the ejector?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PPQ was purchased in 2012 and has approx 6500 rnds fired. Had installed DPM recoil system. Changed back to factory recoil rod with same results so it's not the recoil rod and spring. Checked the extractor and it is fine. The firearm is kept clean and well lubed. I have been using re-manufactured 124 grain for several years from same supplier with no problems. I have concluded that I probably got some under powered ammo and that is the problem. Will do some further testing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts