Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first handgun from the internet "iammo.com" and my first ppq. After I paid to do the ffl transfer I checked out the gun and saw it looked beat up. Called Iammo and they said I have to ship it back on my dime and I'll be charged a 25 percent restocking fee. I then asked him for a partial refund for sending me a gun that looks like this and he said " I can't that would be a liability". Included are the pictures of the damage to the finish . I'm just going to keep it and shoot it but am very disappointed with the company's response.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
OMG, Walther test fires these pistols prior to them leaving the factory. The 'brass' on your breech face seems to be a little excessive.....but, it could just be the lighting, idk. The brass marks on the side/rear of the ejection port is normal. You'll have it looking MUCH worse than that after a box of ammo.

I really think you're fine....just go to the range and enjoy your new Q. You can clean those brass marks later. :D

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
I'm pretty sure the finish is OK. Those marks are 'brass' left there when the shell is ejected. They WILL come off....just need to use your favorite gun cleaning solvent...and do a little scrubbing with a toothbrush. May take a couple of cleanings. BUT, they next time you shoot your pistol, you'll have a new set of brass kisses.

Here ya go.....read these links. https://www.google.com/search?sourc...i10i30k1j33i22i29i30k1j33i160k1.0.vnEff1g0Mrs

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
All your pictures revealed is some 'normal' brass marks on the ejection port and the breech face. Maybe a little excessive for a brand new pistols.....maybe. But, your pictures didn't show any evidence of being dropped.

Those brass marks are normal and will occur over and over again. They can also be cleaned off.

Click on the link in post 4 and you'll see that the brass marks your referring to are absolutely normal. You'll also find many suggestions for cleaning the brass marks off your slide.

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts
Those are definitely brass kisses the bane of all new guns....especially those that are test fired at the factory before shipping.

Walther fires 5 rounds to test your weapon. They do not clean it after....(too labor intensive and costly).

Almost all my NIB Walthers had similar "kisses". Vigorous scrubbing with Ballistol or another cleaner will remove the marks but beware they will return next time you shoot the weapon. As time goes by they seem to diminish.

Your weapon looks fine and NIB from the images you showed. Clean it, lube it and shoot it!

Enjoy your Q and welcome to the Forums.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Looks fine to me!

·
Banned
235 Posts
Guys like you are the reason why I did not renew my FFL.

That is normal as others stated.... But it is a tool ...not art.

What are you going to do when it gets holster wear

Don't abuse it but shoot it and do not worry about the rails wearing out...

YMMV

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nothing to worry about there, IMO. Maybe the sights were off and the factory had to shoot a few more rounds before a confident delivery.

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts
Guys like you are the reason why I did not renew my FFL.
Many new owners have no idea what to expect when they open that box. A good dealer would patiently explain that these marks may be expected and will reappear with use.

A great dealer might (if he/she had time) might go in back get a patch and cleaner and offer to show the newbie how to remove those kisses. Who knows, maybe they'll get a customer for life.

I frequent an LGS that not only has great blue line discounts but also guide new weapon owners on the ins and outs of their weapon.

Reactions: jessele

·
Registered
104 Posts
Many new owners have no idea what to expect when they open that box. A good dealer would patiently explain that these marks may be expected and will reappear with use.

A great dealer might (if he/she had time) might go in back get a patch and cleaner and offer to show the newbie how to remove those kisses. Who knows, maybe they'll get a customer for life.

I frequent an LGS that not only has great blue line discounts but also guide new weapon owners on the ins and outs of their weapon.
Good points here. My LGS will gladly accept an FFL transfer (for $) if they can't get to a reasonable price point and won't hesitate to send a firearm back if they see an issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks olsoul. I agree with you 100%
Bountyhunter, the gun was excessively dirty on top of looking like it had been fired a bunch. Just not what I expected from a brand new gun that's all.

·
Banned
235 Posts
Thanks olsoul. I agree with you 100%
Bountyhunter, the gun was excessively dirty on top of looking like it had been fired a bunch. Just not what I expected from a brand new gun that's all.
I guess I misunderstood... Apologies.

I am impressed with this line of the Walther brand... I'm sure you'll enjoy the firearm

1 - 20 of 43 Posts