Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new PPQ M1 5" from my FFL, ordered it exclusively from GunBuyer.com. They are the only ones to have this M1 set-up. Range trip tomorrow, can't wait. My fourth Walther, Gotta love them paddles!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looking forward to the range report on this one! Was hoping to pick one up but with the recent price increase I'm looking for a used Q5 Match instead and I will mate that slide to my M1 frame

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Duke, I have the black barrel, on sale at Gunbuyer for $499.00. Planning my range visit this afternoon, sharing the range with Home Land Security(Border Patrol, Customs, CBP) Their doing their quarterly quals. in the am.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just bought the q5 match going to remove the upper slide n marry it to one of my m1, only way to get a red dot on a m1 without drilling, love the paddles

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey Duke, I have the black barrel, on sale at Gunbuyer for $499.00. Planning my range visit this afternoon, sharing the range with Home Land Security(Border Patrol, Customs, CBP) Their doing their quarterly quals. in the am.
Good luck. I expect you will love it.

Wish the .45 would come with paddles......

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just picked up my new PPQ M1 5" from my FFL, ordered it exclusively from GunBuyer.com. They are the only ones to have this M1 set-up. Range trip tomorrow, can't wait. My fourth Walther, Gotta love them paddles!!
Congrats on the new purchase! Nice price too! Especially for a 5 inch!
Yessss.....keep the paddles!!!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Range trip was a success, typical Walther, not a single hiccup! Had a couple of B44 targets, everything in the 9 ring or better from 25 yards and in. Wish I could figure on how to post pictures, I'll keep trying. The 5inch gobbled everything from Winchester WB 115gr, to Federal HST 147gr. over 300 round total. I am very pleased. Now I am looking for a quality Kydex holster see a lot for the M2 but not much listed for the M1. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Glad I found this thread. I'll be picking up my gold barreled PPQ M1 5" tonight and will need a holster for it. This is my 6th Walther.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, new to Walther and Guns in general. Got a PPQ 4IN M1 as a gift from the old man. Now, i like it so much I'm thinking about these gunbuyer exclusives any color really but gold is preference. They just recently informed me the got 20 instock of gold now down to 11.

So i'm thinking i want to get one cause of the FO site and ported slide, plus the colors are so slick.

Just wondering how much of an upgrade it would be. At this point i almost don't care though as it looks so cool, and i shoot better with it than my womans HKvp9sk that i got her.

I mean 539$???? Not bad at all!!! Just wondering if anyone got these and still in love with it?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have a 5" M1, in basic black. Main reason for me was the paddle mag release which I prefer, and also that the mags will work in the 4" M1 as well. I have used it in IDPA types of events and I like the fiber front sight. Otherwise I would be using night sights like TruGlo TFX Pros.

Note that the barrel is not ported. The slide has some "ports" but these are only to reduce the weight.

The longer sight radius does seem to help with accuracy.

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 5" M1, in basic black. Main reason for me was the paddle mag release which I prefer, and also that the mags will work in the 4" M1 as well. I have used it in IDPA types of events and I like the fiber front sight. Otherwise I would be using night sights like TruGlo TFX Pros.

Note that the barrel is not ported. The slide has some "ports" but these are only to reduce the weight.

The longer sight radius does seem to help with accuracy.

Dave
Yes sorry the slide is ported not barrel. Not a comp shooter, just looking for a nice range and home defense gun and this looks like it. Plus i'll have plenty of mags with my 4in. (FO site is a big plus IMO)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts