Walther Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the wholesale distributors shows them in stock in both calibers.
Black frame/Blue slide.
Picture shows.
New rail
No hump in trigger
Short magazine release.

They aint cheap but they are in stock and available.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
yea... looks like the wait is over

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
kewl

I needa another one since I had to sell the new one I just got due to a boo boo.... I ended up getting a USP compact, but now I need a fullsize A/S replacement

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Not sure why they ever decided to stop bringing those in. I know a lot of people like that trigger. Personally I like the QA best, but don't mine the AS.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
my 2 cents
Walther had a big backorder due to filling European police orders....but thats just a wild guess...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Regardless of why they stopped importing it.
The AS trigger is what makes the P99 so unique from all the other polymer striker fired plastic that's out there.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Yes I so agree with you on that one......

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Yes, but that may change. Other's are starting to copy everything else about the P99. Backstraps, ergo grip, etc.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Gotta have a picture! Any one have a picture of this new P99?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The AS trigger is what makes the P99 so unique from all the other polymer striker fired plastic that's out there.
10-4 good buddy! I'll go along with that! It's certainly one of the factors that has me sold on the AS P99's...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hal8000 @ April 27 2006,1:03)]Gotta have a picture! Any one have a picture of this new P99?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The AS trigger is what makes the P99 so unique from all the other polymer striker fired plastic that's out there.
10-4 good buddy! I'll go along with that! It's certainly one of the factors that has me sold on the AS P99's...
Did something change?

I think it looks the same.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (noj @ April 27 2006,4:14)]isn't the short mag release from the older models?
Yes and no. The short mag release was on the older models, but did appear on the newer models for the first year or two.
Now it looks like they're all sportin' the long mag release lever.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys,

I just received the new 2006 Walther Catalog in the mail. And yes, the P99 AS is back in both calibers. I can scan these pictures if you guys like, and I can post onto the site. Any objections? They also have the target and sports pistols (The SSP and the GSP) in the catalog, also.

(I'm adding the P99 Compact to my collection!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Can anyone point me to a distributor who has them in stock and I can buy over the web? Thanks.
I second that. I know the exact P99 I want (2006 AS with the elongated mag release) and an FFL to ship to, but can't find a supplier over the web.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
You can't buy direct from a distributer, unless you have an FFL.

Check out gunsamerica.com or gunbroker.com

·
Registered
63 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (othello @ April 29 2006,4:14)]Hey guys,

I just received the new 2006 Walther Catalog in the mail. And yes, the P99 AS is back in both calibers. I can scan these pictures if you guys like, and I can post onto the site. Any objections? They also have the target and sports pistols (The SSP and the GSP) in the catalog, also.

(I'm adding the P99 Compact to my collection!)
Yes! Please scan and post the catalog!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts