Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello I have a 1971 PPK that I aquired in a black plastic box. Is that the correct type of box or did they have the red snake skin type. I have the test target but no manual which manual came with this gun. Thanks Paul

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I believe by that time most of the the alligator boxes were used except for perhaps those older ones on shelves in gun and hardware stores. I don't know year wise the dates on the silver or large paper boxes but they seem to intermingle around the time the alligator boxes began dissapearing and the hard black plastic ones appeared. Possibly the difference was due to shipping vs importing. Either way the black boxes soon took over and by the early 70's were the way the PP series guns were shipped. Short story long your is probably correct. I believe the correct manual is white, with a PP, PPK, & PPK/s pictured on the front. They are easy to aquire.

Hello I have a 1971 PPK that I aquired in a black plastic box. Is that the correct type of box or did they have the red snake skin type. I have the test target but no manual which manual came with this gun. Thanks Paul

·
Super Moderator
7,510 Posts
Are there markings on the box? Hate to be Captain Obvious. ;)
Moon

Reactions: 93978

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
Normally a German made 1971 PPK was delivered neither in the alligator style cardboard box or in the plastic box, but in the plain brown cardboard box. Walther used these boxes for a short time only, between 1970 and 1972 to be more precise.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's not the original paper manual, but you can get the PPK manual as pdf download on the Walther website.
https://www.carl-walther.de/media-center/anleitungen.html?q=PPK
There type in under "Produktname" the term PPK. Then click on the blue link "Downloads anzeigen".
On the following site scroll down and you will find the pdf file for downloading. You can choose the language by clicking on the respective flag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 1971 PPK/S, which I bought in 1971 (serial number 147187S) came in a black plastic box with paper manual, test target, tool, and two mags. It is labeled Interarms and "Made in West Germany".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts