Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
They look very real to me. You've got a #2 rear sight and what appears to be a #4 front sight. They also appear to be phosphorescent – which would imply that they are made of steel.

Do you doubt their authenticity, and if so, why?

Balor

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
I agree with Balor. Those appear to be genuine Walther sights, though I can't tell if the pistol was shipped with them or if it was retrofit with them later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look very real to me. You've got a #2 rear sight and what appears to be a #4 front sight. They also appear to be phosphorescent – which would imply that they are also made of steel.

Do you doubt their authenticity, and if so, why?

Balor
well. On videos and photos of the gun I have watches on the net, the sights look different. They look white not yellow

·
Registered
582 Posts
well. On videos and photos of the gun I have watches on the net, the sights look different. They look white not yellow
An American forum member can explain that to you. I’m European, and your sights look exactly as supplied standard throughout the world, except, for some reason, the USA.

Balor

·
Registered
582 Posts
The white sights you’ve shown in post #5 will not glow in the dark – yours will, especially if you play a light source on them before switching off the lights. The white ones are made of plastic, while yours are almost certainly made of steel.

Balor

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Your sights are an upgrade from the white ones you thought were the real ones. The white dot ones are plastic, the yellows are metal, and yours are light emitting with a charge from sunlight or a bright light source. They're better in every way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Based on other forums posts I've read, I think Balor is right. The phosphorescent sights are standard in Europe. Not sure why they are not in the US. My 3 PPQs have the plastic contrast sights. My VP9 came with phosphorescent sights. All are from 2014.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There have been isolated reports of the dots falling out of the iron sights-I’d be delighted to have them.

·
Registered
492 Posts
From what I’ve read on here and elsewhere, the reason for the plastic sights has to do with the import “point system” used by the US government. I had a PPS M1 that had the steel sights, and really liked them. I ended up selling that pistol but was tempted to keep the sights. Wish I had those sights on a P99c.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kontinosxon, the manual says those sights are adjustable using the "rear sight adjustment tool". Are they really adjustable, and did you get an adjustment tool with the gun? The polymer sights can be adjusted with any small flat-blade screwdriver.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Kontinosxon, the manual says those sights are adjustable using the "rear sight adjustment tool". Are they really adjustable, and did you get an adjustment tool with the gun? The polymer sights can be adjusted with any small flat-blade screwdriver.
The sight look to be drift adjustable meaning you can push them to the right or left with a sight-pusher.

The do not look to be click adjustable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The sight look to be drift adjustable meaning you can push them to the right or left with a sight-pusher.

The do not look to be click adjustable.
Jimmo, that's what I thought about the metal sights. Most times I would think the manual would say "fixed rear sights" or "not adjustable" instead of some gunsmithing gibberish about a tool that's not even listed on their website as an available accessory. Hope against hope, I suppose.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts