Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I completed the transfer yesterday. I already have the Holosun HE507C-GR V2 for it. The Q5 did not come with any mounting plates, which I expected. I looked at Walther's web page expecting to find a way to order the #2 mounting plate, but if there is one, I could not find it. With a new pistol, I have heard that Walther will supply me with one mounting plate of my choice gratis. Anyone confirm? I know I'll need to call them to verify. It's a weekend so I'll wait until Monday.

Just thought I'd post here. Maybe someone can relate their experience getting their plate from Walther, what they had to do, etc.

The P5 is a nice looking pistol and I'm anxious to try it next week. It joins several other PPQs in my gun safe until then. <g>

Doug

·
Registered
978 Posts
It has the same footprint as the Trijicon RMR and SRO. Mine came with three plates, the RMR being one of them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has the same footprint as the Trijicon RMR and SRO. Mine came with three plates, the RMR being one of them.
Apparently sometime in the last year or less Walther discontinued including those plates. At least that's what I have read online, so it must be true. Anyway, my new pistol indeed has no plates, but I did expect something in the box informing me I would order one at WaltherUSA.com. But, no info there. No info anywhere I can find. So I will call Walther customer service Monday and see what can be done. I am itching to install my Holosun 507 on the pistol.

Doug

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a PPQ Q5 Match two weeks ago. Ordered optic plate online and received in 7 days. Mounted and fired 100 rounds today. Love my Q5, love my Holosun.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
The new guns are not coming with the mounting places, at least mine didn't.

When I called Walther, I was asked to send an email with the guns serial number and a photo of the sales receipt.

Once I did that, I received the plate I needed in less than a week.

So just have your info together and the process is pretty smooth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts