Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I also visit more than just this forum ever day because I have varied interests. I seldom post anything but enjoy the good discussions and learn a thing or two every day.

However, I would like to point out that the search bar operates differently on ever forum I have visited. Most of them don't work worth a flip. I have better luck Googling my search term outside the forum and letting Google lead me back to the forum topic I am interested in.

So personally I don't care if some new member asks the same question that was answered yesterday or 5 years ago, or is contained in a sticky. Someone should point them in the right direction or answer the question because when you are inside a forum 'search is not your friend'.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
True. Searcher has already pointed out that Google works FAR better than the pathetic search feature native to this forum. Maybe the forum owners would consider simply inserting a automatic link to it.

M

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I for one would hate to see you go sir.

First because I have learned a lot from your posts, and secondly, because I appreciate your dry, rapier like wit, even when I am on the wrong end of the point of it.

I do understand the tedious nature of explaining the same thing over and over again. I do it far too often in my capacity as a classic car mechanic, but it goes with the territory.

I wish there was more new ground to cover, but alas, there really is not much that is honestly new if firearms development currently.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I wish there was more new ground to cover, but alas, there really is not much that is honestly new (in) firearms development currently.
It doesn't have to be "new". Most people don't even understand the "old". There is much to be profitably learned from shining a light on what has previously passed, often unnoticed.

M

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sure there is, though admittedly difficult! When accomplished, however, it is what distinguishes a truly classy, 'cut above' board from the pack. Moderation is only a 24 hour job in the beginning. Once members realize that less than civil, ad hominum attacks are not tolerated, the chore is materially reduced.

"Spice" was my word and it is not irrelevant in and of itself. Spice is what makes the relevant even better. Food without spice tires the taste buds more rapidly. Important stuff - wars have been fought over spices!
Actually, in concept I agree completely with beamon. It would be very classy. But in practice political discussion that does not quickly swerve off into the frenetic and pugnacious is simply unattainable here. I suspect it has to do with democracy --one man, one vote. So everyone's opinion, no matter how stupid, gets an equal airing, at least on the internet.

Anyway, that was basically a diversion, wasn't it?

M

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I glanced over some of the replies......:D

Nothing new... same old replies.. Ill go shoot :D

btw Mike
I read another post of yours about current production guns... have you tried HKPro.com as an option to your boredom??

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

btw Mike
I read another post of yours about current production guns... have you tried HKPro.com as an option to your boredom??
No. I don't pretend to be an "operator" or even to travel in fast company. I leave that stuff to others --some of whom post here.

M

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
I offer the following to help cheer Mike up: a couple of plane tickets to West Palm Beach in May. I'll bet he's got a couple of stories in his safe that'd enjoy the company of those of a fellow gentleman.

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
567 Posts
Mike, I think this is the problem ...

About MGMike
Biography
I am old. Plus I am garrulous, cantankerous, horny and unreasonable.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I think 'ornery', (Webster's: having a bad disposition), not horny (see RevRay's post above) might be the allegedly correct term. Either way, as Pilotsteve mentioned, he would be (IMO) a very welcome addition to this years Greet & Shoot.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
P.S. RevRay copied it correctly.
Well in that case, maybe you should take PilotSteve's offer and go to Florida.
I hear there is plenty of ornery women to take care of the other :eek:

You guys crack me up :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
But Mike ....
are they horny :eek:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well OP, that is kinda the way it is with "brand specific" forums. I am on a few of those, and they are slow forums. On the other hand, these types of forums are good for people who, in this case, own Walther products. I mean, you get more in depth answers to some of the things that arise with just Walther firearms.

I'm on this one forum where they cover a lot of different brands of handguns, and although it is a good forum, it must be a headache for the mods. Also, some people really get "pissy" there. People spend too much time "bashing" some brand of gun that some other people like. Stupid. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
55 Posts
My your post is spot on; but you should have added the following:

After firing 500 rounds through my PPS in an hour my hand was sore.

After firing 500 rounds through my PPS I had a blister on my trigger finger

My magazine on my PPQ ejected all by itself (after I pushed the mag release).

Etc. etc. Ad nauseam.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, if this will make it better, I did shoot my PPS (.40) and G42 this morning. Both pistols shot great, but after just 50 rounds through the Walther, my hand started to hurt. :p

21 - 40 of 41 Posts