Walther Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good question I am always straining when I watch a 007 movie to get a good look at James Bond's P99 ever since DIE ANOTHER DAY when Michelle You gave him his first P99.

Ren

www.prepaidlegal.com/go/brewster01

·
Registered
382 Posts
Notice, if you can, on ALL of the P99 prop guns that the top part of the chamber, the part that makes the locked breech lock is filed down or rather rounded off and you can see shinny metal on the top.
it is especially evident in TND, when he takes the P99 off the rack and holds it in his palm. Also notice on the TND video cover when he has the gun close to his face in the close up , you can see the ground away part.
the reason for this, is when the movie came out, the gun was fresh on the market and no blank replicas had been made.
the 9mm blanks they where useing lacked the recoil to cycle the slide properly and on EVERY round the slide would lock back. so they flled down the receiver and Whalaa! a prop gun........i notice they have done that it all the "new gun" bond movies so far...

·
Registered
411 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (vertriebkaehny @ May 22 2003,5:58)]Walther P99 Camo!!!
With the new Glock style accessory rail even.
Is that for real? Or is it a demo?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
It ain't for real, that's for sure. There is no take-down catch, no Carl Walther Ulm/Do molded into the polymer. The front contour of the dustcover is wrong and the length is not correct.

The barrel hood is sitting too low in the slide as well.

Anyone else see anything strange?

·
Registered
411 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Herr Walther @ Aug. 08 2003,8:50)]It ain't for real, that's for sure. There is no take-down catch, no Carl Walther Ulm/Do molded into the polymer. The front contour of the dustcover is wrong and the length is not correct.

The barrel hood is sitting too low in the slide as well.

Anyone else see anything strange?
The dustcover contour is different because it's the std. Glock style accessory rail.
I'm thinking it's either a blank firing pistol, or a non-firing demo/SHOT show pistol.
I like the looks of the camo though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts