Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know from the membership, your opinions on two things:

1) How would you feel if we combined all rifles into one forum, all CO2 and Rimfire into one forum, and also combined the P88 and 'Classics' sectoin, to make the board easier to navigate? As of now, there isn't a single post in any of the Rifle forums, and only a couple of posts in the various CO2/Rimfire sections.

2) Are there any new sections you'd like to see? How about a section for gear and gadgets? Or, maybe a Legal/Political section?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Condensing the categories with little to no traffic some of which may stay that way,will clean things up and make it easier, without removing the option for anyone to still post and share information on those topics. The idea of adding the gear gadgets and accessories category is a great idea as well.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What other topic sections would you like to see?

·
Registered
411 Posts
An accesssories and gear section would be nice, for everthing from holsters to night sights, to tac-lights etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would like to see topic sections on gear, updates/recalls,ammo,legal advise,non-Walther,concealed carry,hints and tips,firearm maintenance,self defence,practice tecniques,general discussion,um..
er... did I forget anything? Hmm....Looks like a lot but maybe just add a few of them would work out well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think most of us are in agreement that Walther manufactures fine pistols, but from time-to-time "issues" arise whereby a part breaks, is defective or just doesn't perform as intended.  One such issue recently was the crack appearing in some P99 locking blocks (posted @ Park Cities Tactical).  I believe that at least two of our posters had to send their P99s to S&W for repair.  Also, there may have been threads/posts regarding problems with P99 guide rods requiring replacement by Walther.

I think it would be helpful if these types of threads could be consolidated under one section or sub-section.  This way, I believe that we can better track problems that should be brought to attention of Walther.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, folks.  Based on the feedback, you'll see that the forum is a bit easier to navigate.  If we find in the future that more traffic requires us to make a change, we can always chage it back.

Here's what's been done:

[*] Rimfire and CO2 pistols are all in one forum
[*] Rifles are all in one forum
[*] Categories for the above two have been deleted
[*] Parts and Classifieds are now in the same forum.
[*] Added 'Gear, Gadgets, Tactics and Training' to the forum.

Catbird's suggestion about a 'QC' section is a good one, but I'm going to hold off on that for now, since it tends to be a pistol-specific issue, and might just as easily be addressed by the existing forums.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Gear and gadgets is a great Idea, and I'd like to see a"post your Pics" section to see all the goodies, best groups, newest guns, and modifications.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts