Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here had one of these before? I've had 2 or 3 stainless .380s and one stainless .32 over the years. But have never even seen a blued US model until the other day. And I bought it too. Have to wait a week till I can shoot it. I hope its a good one and I don't have any issues with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a blued PPK in .380 which was made in MA. I believe it's a S&W built. It is fine ,shoots good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old Frank,

Mine is too. It has the Walther company name with the Springfield, MA address on the right side of the slide instead of the Interarms name and address.

Have you had any troubles with yours in reliability? My feed ramp is very poorly polished and the trigger guard and safety have a purple hue to them. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that the sign of cast or MIM parts, not forged?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just saw one in a gun shop, "used", that may have been shot 20 times. I can buy for $425.00 w/ box and papers. Good deal or not??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For just 20rds, in my book thats just as good as new. I paid $419 for mine NIB. But that was a heck of a deal from what I've usually seen for US made PPKs. Ask him whats the best he'll do for you on the price. If you sweet talk 'em enough, they should come down a little. Do what we say in Kentucky......."What's yer best country cousin price on this one?" Good luck gettin' it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I looked at the Blue US PPK again. It's a Smith & W vintage, dealer said it was about six months old. Comes with Orig plastic case, extra mag, paperwork, etc. With sales tax, $450.00. I can't find a new one to price, what's the going price for a new one??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From around our area, thats about what a new one or like new one goes for. Might as well go ahead and get it if it looks good to you. Mines also the S&W vintage. I think you'll like it. I'm going home tonight after work for a few days for the holidays and I'll finally get to shoot it. I'll post a range report afterwards.

Let me know something about yours if you get it or remember from looking at it so far...........Does it have a purple hue to the triggerguard and safety? I'm still trying to figure out why mine does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts