Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. I am new to the forum and I would like some info on the Blue/Grey Frame P22. I will be receiving one soon.

When did the Blue/Grey frame become available?
Is it a newer line?
Is it limited?

I have had a difficult time finding much info about it and I dont see it listed as an available color on Walther's website.

Also...in photos I noticed that on the slide it does not have text highlighted in white
                                "Carl Walther Ulm/Do
                                  Made in Germany"

I have tried to get info from several sources but I finally decided to try some posts. Any info about this particular model will be appreciated.

Thanks,
lima-charlie

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have a blue/gray P22.

They are of an older run of P22s.

All P22s, contrary to popular belief, are made in Germany.

Mine ran great for about 500-750 rounds, then started to have problems.  It has been to Smith and Wesson for repairs, and will be going back again as the gun still exhibits the same problems.

Your mileage may vary.  Newer P22s, I have seen, don't really have any major issues (usually ammo related), but the older ones were ripe with problems.  

I guess I got one with problems, but yours might be okay.

Hope this helps...

-stunks

·
Registered
2 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lima-charlie @ July 25 2006,9:42)]Thanks Stunksinatl. I will get mine next week and I hope that it is a newer model. We'll see.

lima-charlie
Hey lima-charlie -

Post up your experience w/ the gun once you get it. I'd like to know what brand/type of ammo works best in other folks' P22s.

I've personally found that CCI Mini-Mag .22LR works best. I had problems w/ Federal.

M.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
The blue/grey frame was limited..... I have the G22 in that color...... it's sweet..... I still wanna get the P22 to match the G22....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey lima-charlie -

Post up your experience w/ the gun once you get it. I'd like to know what brand/type of ammo works best in other folks' P22s.

I've personally found that CCI Mini-Mag .22LR works best. I had problems w/ Federal.

M.
Just for the record...My P22 has run well for over 1500 rounds now. My only problems have been the barrel nut coming loose (which I blue Loctite'ed) and the barrel "compensator" coming loose (which has become a moot point as I almost always run the pistol in the 3.4" config)

My P22 readily eats CCI MiniMag's (no surprise) and Federal Auto Match in the bulk 325 round box. The weapon LOVES them both. As I finish off a 100 count MiniMag sleeve, I save it and load it with the Federals. I expended about 600 MiniMags and 975 Federals.

Before I received this pistol I was worried about my purchase from all of the bad press, but I became resolved to keep it and apply many of the "fixes" available to combat any of the commonly reported problems. Subsequently, I have not had any real problems and the pistol is a real hummer! I love the aesthetics and with the laser attached it just looks cool!

I have not seen a White one or a Tan one but I have heard that these models do exist. Any feedback on that would be appreciated.

lima-charlie

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey lima-charlie -

M.

Indeed. Ive have problems with federal also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts