Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good article thanks for sharing. I have one of the new US guns and it has not been a great experience, but hopefully Walther will do there part.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Good news regarding machined frames and I think like said, more Walther pistols will be made in Arkansas where it’s cheaper to produce than in Germany.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Great article. glad to see we Americans are taking care of the Walther Banner.We should be able to keep building quality pistols for another 98 years.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not so much about cheaper to produce. I mean it might be, but the big point is that the PPK has been banned from import into the US since 1968 because it was too small in too wimpy a caliber and too low of a capacity and only criminal assault murderers would want one (keep that in mind when somebody says they don't want to ban ALL THE GUNS, just the most dangerous ones) on one hand, and the hassle of getting them exported out of Germany on the other hand.
*Kicks soap box behind a convenient bush*

Anyway, if they're actually being made on machined frames then I don't care about the finish or the tail, I'll be getting a PPK for sure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a new AR ppk/s and the gun is really nice but the mags have there problems. The beavertail is pretty nice but if you have thick or stocky hands it may give you a little bite. The guns are very nice machined out of Fort Smith.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
It's not so much about cheaper to produce. I mean it might be, but the big point is that the PPK has been banned from import into the US since 1968 because it was too small in too wimpy a caliber and too low of a capacity and only criminal assault murderers would want one (keep that in mind when somebody says they don't want to ban ALL THE GUNS, just the most dangerous ones) on one hand, and the hassle of getting them exported out of Germany on the other hand.

Anyway, if they're actually being made on machined frames then I don't care about the finish or the tail, I'll be getting a PPK for sure.
I agree on all counts Kar98.

Building guns in the US is not only about cost. I believe it's also about control. Avoiding restrictive and arcane export controls as well as having the ability for the US part of the company to build the guns they think the US market wants.

·
Registered
125 Posts

I wasn’t talking about the PPK but rather the other models like the P99, PPS etc which would be cheaper for Walther to make here in the US.

·
Super Moderator
7,445 Posts
It's also a way to step around import restrictions or tariffs. My bride's Bimmer was made in the Carolinas.
But it's good news things are being made here, for whatever reason.
Moon

Reactions: Jimbo80
1 - 14 of 14 Posts