Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a blade-tech holster. I purchased it online, but I would suggest that you either call after the online purchase or just purchase it over the phone. I have been told it is much faster this way.

Anyways they come in 9mm and 40 cal varients. I purchased the 40 cal version and found that my full sized 9mm fit just fine with a bit of tension on the tension bolts. There really wasn't any play, but remember some adjustment will have to be made on the two screws(not difficult). What amazed me is the 9mm compact fits perfectly as well. I didnt really get any play in it at all. Blade-tech might be willing to shorten there mold and make compact ones.

The holster is 65 ish dollars before shipping, and has several ways to attach to a belts from loops to j-hooks.

I really like the holster initially, although I have only had it for two days. It fights well and is very comparable to the predator in comfort. I am not a fan of the j-hook, and might acquire a new mounting system which can be purchased from blade-tech. Overall for the security and durability I would suggest this company over most of the others. The only other holster I have had for the Walther was the Don Hume and it didn't hold the weapon nearly as well in any sense. Don Hume is fine but this really is a great IWB. There are several other models to choose from, including ones with lights etc. Check around blade-tech in the holster section, or call because not all models are always posted quickly.

http://www.blade-tech.com/In-the-Waistband-IWB-IDPA-APPROVED-pr-820.html

Here are photos of the holster(I am left handed so ignore what seems to be a inverted photo)

P99C -9mm

P99 -9mm (Gen 1)

P99 -40 cal (newest model)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a Gen 1 Blade Tech holster for my P99s and it has been excellent. I have the belt loop version and not the j hook version.
I have noticed a bit of wear on the left side of the slide where P99 is stamped on the slide. I can't figure out why that area is wearing more than the rest of the slide.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Am thinking of getting a Blade-tech with the tech-lok for use in competiton...it looks good and am sure that it is durable....but it is a bit more than a Fobus. But no biggie. Can't complain about a $70 holster when you have a $5-600 gun.

Wear on the left side of the slide? Are you right-handed? I am an I have some wear on my left side slide too. Has to do with how one draws and reholsters the weapon....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once you leave fobus for conceal carry you will NEVER go back:). My other photo died/ didn't work but the compact fits as well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I too recently purchased a Blade-Tech IWB ultimate concealment holster (tuckable), excellent quality and retention, feels nice when you wear it but it comes with a S hook wich is very unconfortable to put on and off! If only they would offer it with another type of hook then it would be great.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I have a UCH from Blade-Tech too....
it is a pain to put on, unless one just feeds the belt through the loop and then the Belt loops. I like the fact that I can adjust the cant... even though it is only 2 positions.... it does help

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I too recently purchased a Blade-Tech IWB ultimate concealment holster (tuckable), excellent quality and retention, feels nice when you wear it but it comes with a S hook wich is very unconfortable to put on and off! If only they would offer it with another type of hook then it would be great.
Check the company again I believe they can get you several other attachment types for you.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Check the company again I believe they can get you several other attachment types for you.

For the "UCH" they only offer the S-hook
FWIW... it works but I find the S-hook bulky (at least my first generation Kydex.... now that they injection mold it it is a bit better)

·
Registered
174 Posts
For the "UCH" they only offer the S-hook
FWIW... it works but I find the S-hook bulky (at least my first generation Kydex.... now that they injection mold it it is a bit better)
That's right, I wrote to BTI next day after receiving the holster and they told me the s hook is the only one they make for that model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts